Author Topic: electronics yes or no?  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: electronics yes or no?
« Reply #60 on: Feb 06, 2013, 06:59 PM »
Hey i just got a marcum lx 3 the other day and i am having a hard time telling if theirs a fish sitting on the bottom  its red  but sometimes theirs a little green  or yellow line right on the bottom ... is that a fish ??? or just bottom
[/quote

Fishy fishy fishy

Offline jigewidit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:01 PM »
Any one use the Showdown 2.0 troller ? seems reasonable in price less than $200, real small, I'm sure it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a top end flasher, but you can see depth and your jig & fish...seems the way to go for someone that goes out a handful of time a year.

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Any one use the Showdown 2.0 troller ? seems reasonable in price less than $200, real small, I'm sure it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a top end flasher, but you can see depth and your jig & fish...seems the way to go for someone that goes out a handful of time a year.

My buddy uses one and loves it.. Good bang for the buck

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:17 PM »
If i was to be persuaded into electronics it would probably be the showdown troller
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:37 PM »
Anyone who says they can catch more fish without a flasher has never used one  ;)   .....    no question it helps you catch more fish.

Couldn't agree more!

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 06, 2013, 11:40 PM »
i will not fish without my marcum!
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 06, 2013, 11:54 PM »
I have been using the camera for years helps catch the lookers. The downside is you are not mobile, and may stay where fish are not in feeding mode. Still fun seeing what`s down there. No experience with flashers yet.

Offline skowalski250

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 10, 2013, 07:38 PM »
I used to fish like that. But then i got an under water camera. I love it. Mines a c-fish with a 360 camera. Just one push of a button and you can see all around. I would suggest a camera over a fish finder. The finder will show the depth, but the camera will show whats down there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.