Author Topic: Summit  (Read 4601 times)

Offline jfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Summit
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Finally, an honest Man with an honest answer  ;D.
Fish like theres no tommorow.

Offline Mr Jay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2013, 11:21 AM »
What's not sportsman is sitting on here being a keyboard commando and bashing a guy or gal for catching fish and keeping them when they're doing so within the laws of that state.  I am in the same boat as ReclusE!  Nice catch and enjoy eating what you caught!

Offline NE BASS MAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 07, 2013, 11:34 AM »
I think it is a bit funny that the guys keeping fish hate these discussions, but guys like me that practice C&R or occasionally harvest selectively somewhat enjoy it.  Its not that we are picking on anyone, we are just trying to educate.  If you don't want to hear it, that is fine.   Discussions like this are good, whats not good is getting all heated and rude about it.

I use to be a guy that would go out and catch and keep my limmit everytime I wanted to.  Discussions like this have turned me to the other side over time. 

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eyes by day, Eyes by night.
« Reply #33 on: Feb 07, 2013, 11:39 AM »
See New thread

Offline Busta Hole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 07, 2013, 02:07 PM »
Busta here,  i was on the ice that night and ive fished with one crappie numerous times this year   some of those crappies in that pic were mine and they were eaten during the super bowl   anyway ive fished with gulley a few different times where we caught 30 or 40 crappies and not one went home  god all he wanted to do was show you guys some pictures of fish    and he actually fished with four different dudes that night    i think some of you think lakes are over harvested because you dont have the skill level to catch a fish in there   you think if you just throw out a minnow and bobber  every crappie in the lake is suppose to be under it and if not then " this lake is overfished and it all your fault because your catching fish , im a steward of the land you shouldnt take fish wa wa wa"  next time we catch our legal limit of fish  we will just pick out the prettiest one and post just his pic  from now on ok will that solve the problem    by the way  they were delicious!

Offline O.NE-CrappieMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:04 PM »
Well to be quite honest..... this HUSKER guy(IS HATER) really needs to keep his mouth shut because none of those fish were what I described that I caught all night.  SECOND!!!! These fish was from my one of maybe two trips to Summit that I'll make this year.  He's just mad that just maybe, you don't have the same success that I can and have had.  We caught probably a total of 50-60 fish and u mad cause I show 15 of what I took home from ONE! trip...... Not only that.... my buddy will vouch in my other post, that the fish pics I posted of the big ones were all released and personally think that a guy I met after that catch had ended up catching the same fish and is mounting him.  Now my theory of releasing the fish was to maintain a good bloodline, but if it was the fish I caught then I guess it was pointless anyways

FYI Huskersorrell.... if u looked at the measurement, they were all bigger than 8" but could only measure one, so UR jealousy really shows LMAO

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eyes by day, Eyes by night.
« Reply #36 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:14 PM »
 :blink: Im taking cover....again.

Offline Mr Jay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:33 PM »
Haters be hatin  ::)

Offline jfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:39 PM »
Some folks "i guess" are having problems:

1)- Understanding the law  ::)

2)- Reading a tape measure  ::)

Makes their arguement all the more useless  ::).

Keep enjoying your catches Buddy  ;).
Fish like theres no tommorow.

Offline Busta Hole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:44 PM »
haters be hatin and baiters be baitin   fish on

Offline O.NE-CrappieMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:46 PM »
:blink: Im taking cover....again.

Eyedoc, I appreciate your input and others as well on here.   No need to take cover. Just come fish wit me sometime

BUSTA thanks for having my back (TRUE FISHING BUDDY)

As for HUSKER.... I give lessons....... but in a professional manner

Offline sjk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 07, 2013, 04:18 PM »
looks like hsorrel is so jealous he has developed a serious eye problem. if you would look closely and study the photo a little bit you would see that the fish he measured is 10 to 11 inches and some of the fish at the bottom of the photo with the limit are even better fish. So yes dude when he says the fish were between 9 and 12 inches I believe him based off the photos.

Really not sure why hsorrel is so convinced they are 8 in crappies.
Obvious jealousy over someones successfull outing to a supposed DEAD SEA.

Congrats guys on cracking the code there those are some real nice fish. Must be a night bite!
Have not fished that lake in about 12 yrs back before the renovation, but would like to try it next winter.

Offline sjk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 07, 2013, 04:36 PM »
Last time I checked 1"-11.5"=10.5" There aint a 12 inch crappie in the group.  The biggest one was barely a keeper.  If I wanted to catch a limit of 8" crappies I woud fish Summit every day too. There isn't a code to crack in catching dinks.  Nice try. 

study the photo just a little closer and you will see that the fish he measured is the second fish (or middle fish)  in the second row of 3 fish from the top.

Now go look at some of the fish farther down in the photo, specifically the last fish at the far bottom right. That is no where close to an 8 inch fish, much bigger. So until you can prove to me they are 8 inch fish don't give us that line, unless maybe you are exaggerating a little. just calling it as I see it.

Offline Busta Hole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 07, 2013, 04:42 PM »
husker sorrel  or whatever the hell his name is really needs to take his meds   lets see  he called on poster stupid for voicing his opinion  he called another guy a poacher for taking some crappies home  that measured anywhere from  from 9 TO 12 inches    8 inches does not fall in between  9 and 12  and if he took 8 inchers home that still would not be poaching   i didnt know being a good steward of the land meant you call people names and oohhh tattle on them   i think poaching actuallly means taking of game outside its season or taking game without a permit       and genetics really dont have anything to do with crappie size   its more about  forage and habitat    you can  take florida bass and stick in standing bear  but if they aint got nothin to eat or spawn in then by by big bass  good fishin gentlemen

Offline whitetips

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Feb 07, 2013, 04:55 PM »
husker sorrel  or whatever the hell his name is really needs to take his meds   lets see  he called on poster stupid for voicing his opinion  he called another guy a poacher for taking some crappies home  that measured anywhere from  from 9 TO 12 inches    8 inches does not fall in between  9 and 12  and if he took 8 inchers home that still would not be poaching   i didnt know being a good steward of the land meant you call people names and oohhh tattle on them   i think poaching actuallly means taking of game outside its season or taking game without a permit       and genetics really dont have anything to do with crappie size   its more about  forage and habitat    you can  take florida bass and stick in standing bear  but if they aint got nothin to eat or spawn in then by by big bass  good fishin gentlemen

Umm, genetics has a lot to do with it.  Water quality, habitat and productivity do too, but genetics is also important. 

And yes, genetics has something to do with crappie size; anglers tend to harvest the biggest, fastest-growing panfish leaving the smaller and often slower-growing.  Florida strain largemouth bass do NOT survive Nebraska winters because of . . . genetics.

Daryl Bauer
Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
[email protected]
http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes//
Daryl Bauer
[email protected]
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Offline CARTMATT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 07, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Over harvesting of fish is an issue. But can't blame one person for east half of state. Having no previous post history and coming out guns hot makes me think a Troll has joined to raise feathers........ Could contribute to a site, get to know people before calling anyone out.  I seldom keep fish, but dont post pics when I do so I dont get hounded.

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:24 PM »
Your iPad is working correctly.  Your brain however is not.  You are unable to comprehend that this same poster has posted pictures of dozens of crappies this year.  Are you not able to understand that he has most likely been back to these same spots dozens of times.
You are most likely the same kind of fisherman, who thinks they are entitled to keep whatever they catch. 

We all have a duty to the land to be good sportsman.  It's sad I have to explain this to you.

I consider myself an apex sport fisherman in Nebraska.  I guarantee you haven't spent as many days on the ice as me without taking any home.  It is not your job to be rude to another poster that is within his legal limit showing pictures of his catch.  It touches base with me because I've been jumped for posting pics.  Give a calm opinion and disguise it as advice if you want to be taken remotely seriously.  And we all wonder why our co's are so busy when you are giving them bum leads to chase with nothing to back it up.
Where's the ice

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:29 PM »
Umm, genetics has a lot to do with it.  Water quality, habitat and productivity do too, but genetics is also important. 

And yes, genetics has something to do with crappie size; anglers tend to harvest the biggest, fastest-growing panfish leaving the smaller and often slower-growing.  Florida strain largemouth bass do NOT survive Nebraska winters because of . . . genetics.

Daryl Bauer
[email protected]
http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes//
Um. Daryl.  You Are supposed to be building a glacier to drop on eastern Nebraska to create hundreds of groundwater fed lakes so our fish and game management can be up to par with our neighbors to the north.  You don't have time to squabble over Florida strain bass genetics.
Where's the ice

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #48 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:35 PM »
Time Out

Thread locked until people can play nicely.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.