Author Topic: Anybody going out tomorrow?  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Jesus walked on water...once I do it every year
Anybody going out tomorrow?
« on: Feb 01, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Just wondering if anyone is going on the ice tomorrow.I know I'll be out there.Sat and Sun.

Offline Fishndude75

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anybody going out tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Would love to get out Sunday if I can find some safe ice.
I live life one fish at a time!

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Going up to Highland Lake NY tomorrow, better chance of finding safe ice. Lou.

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2013, 03:13 PM »
Lou we fish there a lot who do you know up there because it's private.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Plenty of safe ice on the smaller lakes.8 inches doesn't disappear in two days

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2013, 04:02 PM »
Smaller lakes north of Rt 80 have open water................. 8" must have gone away. Guaranteed that you will hear about someone falling through this weekend somewhere in North Jersey. It's insane to be on any ice after the last few days IMO.

Offline Phazer icefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2013, 04:08 PM »
Me and my friends are a heading out tomorrow to he bay of little muskego. :tipup: :tipup: ;) :)

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2013, 04:20 PM »
I just got a report from guys I know that lakes in Andover now have 4 to 4 1/2 they had on Sunday 6 1/2 . They fished all day

Offline dish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2013, 04:32 PM »
Watch out on Cranberry......there were lots of open spots on the edges.  Kind of random and some pretty big from the runoff into the lake. 

Offline CAPITALCRAPPY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2013, 04:35 PM »
Headed out early....more worried about shorelines than the rest...

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2013, 04:49 PM »
The die hard ice walkers know where the safe ice is.Everybody be safe.Hitting two different lakes west Milford area that were fished today and will post conditions tomorrow.If the lake only had 4inches and or open water last week it obviously won't have safe ice everybody be careful.

Offline oldman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:01 PM »
I'll be out there all weekend.  We didn't lose much at all but the shoreline took a pounding.  You just have to know where to find a good ladder and a couple of planks to get to the good stuff.
"Izaak believed that fish could hear; if they can, then their vocabulary must be full of strange oaths, for all anglers are not patient men." --Izaak Walton, The Compleat Angler

Offline DoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:14 PM »
My buddy fished Greenwood Lake today with no issues. He said there was 5"
MarCum * Vex * Strikemaster * Clam * Cabelas Underwater Cam

Offline madewitt4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:16 PM »
Trying to get out tomorrow just a matter of finding safe Ice ill be by myself so until I find Ice and people fishing I won't be out there
Fish on!!

Offline littlebigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:25 PM »
Little swartswood has good ice cant get on by the boat ramp but head to the left over the hill there is a big rock there you can get on there solid 5 inch.I also checked a few private lake that had 6 plus inch

Offline littlebigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Smaller lakes north of Rt 80 have open water................. 8" must have gone away. Guaranteed that you will hear about someone falling through this weekend somewhere in North Jersey. It's insane to be on any ice after the last few days IMO.
What is with you MR.NEGATIVE there is plenty of safe ice out there i fished all day.I call the gov Christie he told me it was safe. ;)

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:39 PM »
I just checked a lake in Andover it has 4 1/2 to 5 inch Doug & I will be out.

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:46 PM »
What is with you MR.NEGATIVE there is plenty of safe ice out there i fished all day.I call the gov Christie he told me it was safe. ;)

Here's what's with me Mr. P_ (I won't reveal the rest of your name & you were on a lake today that we  :tipup: fished together 3 or 4 yrs ago) BTW you are  :cookoo: :cookoo: nuts IMO!! I don't care if there was 8" or not you won't see me on anything that isn't solid to the edge of the lake. So maybe there is ice near the NY border  :icefish: :icefish: in Sussex and Passaic counties. It doesn't mean it's safe or smart to venture out on. I don't care what kind of ice training, experience, etc....etc...ad infinitum. I will fish a stream with waders or not at all unless the place is locked  :callcops: :callcops:............... period! I have never  :%$#!: :%$#!: ever fallen through any ice, not even a leg, while ice fishing and I intend to keep it that way! Safety first  :angel :angel  for me and that means the place MUST BE LOCKED or else you'll never see me on it! You can have 50 people with wind boats, ice skating, fishing, riding bikes, etc......and I'll watch from shore!

Remember, what happened to Bill a couple years ago  >:D >:D (I wasn't there but Mike was)? Well that ain't ever happening to me. Nope, I did enough stupid things when I was younger it's time to stop.

I have some buds that say they are going to Budd tomorrow..........that's crazy if you ask me!!

I called him already this is what he said:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KrXfCc2xbk  I am MR. POSITIVE, a leader not a follower!

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:57 PM »
I'll have a look tomorrow afternoon here and there. If it's safe I'll icefish perch spots. One thing for sure I won't be fishing my unsafe crappie spots.

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:07 PM »
These cold nights should firm the ice back up. Just bring a plank or a pair of waders for the edges, wear some ice picks around your neck and throw a rope in your sled.

Offline explorer53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Here's what's with me Mr. P_ (I won't reveal the rest of your name & you were on a lake today that we  :tipup: fished together 3 or 4 yrs ago) BTW you are  :cookoo: :cookoo: nuts IMO!! I don't care if there was 8" or not you won't see me on anything that isn't solid to the edge of the lake. So maybe there is ice near the NY border  :icefish: :icefish: in Sussex and Passaic counties. It doesn't mean it's safe or smart to venture out on. I don't care what kind of ice training, experience, etc....etc...ad infinitum. I will fish a stream with waders or not at all unless the place is locked  :callcops: :callcops:............... period! I have never  :%$#!: :%$#!: ever fallen through any ice, not even a leg, while ice fishing and I intend to keep it that way! Safety first  :angel :angel  for me and that means the place MUST BE LOCKED or else you'll never see me on it! You can have 50 people with wind boats, ice skating, fishing, riding bikes, etc......and I'll watch from shore!

Remember, what happened to Bill a couple years ago  >:D >:D (I wasn't there but Mike was)? Well that ain't ever happening to me. Nope, I did enough stupid things when I was younger it's time to stop.

I have some buds that say they are going to Budd tomorrow..........that's crazy if you ask me!!

I called him already this is what he said:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KrXfCc2xbk  I am MR. POSITIVE, a leader not a follower!

Dorve by Budd lake this afternoon around 5 pm and  it is all opened up along the shore lines   unless if you have a 50 foot ladder to get to the ice  you're not gonna make it out there

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:25 PM »
17 out of 18 going so far.May poles bend and flags fly.

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 02, 2013, 04:33 AM »
Dorve by Budd lake this afternoon around 5 pm and  it is all opened up along the shore lines   unless if you have a 50 foot ladder to get to the ice  you're not gonna make it out there

I told him I read that it was open............they said they will find out themselves but not til about 1 pm. Still crazy if you ask me. 11 degrees this morning on Wildcat Ridge in Rockaway.

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 02, 2013, 04:23 PM »
Plenty of ice over our northern border in NY. Hit private lake near Highland Lake,NY and had no problems. 7to8 inches off ice and no open water. Pickerel city. Lou.

Offline KneeDeepSteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 02, 2013, 07:40 PM »
I love how people tell other people the ice is not safe to fish on when they clearly have not checked most places. I fished today in Morris county and had 6-8"s of good ice under me.

Offline GillGetter9760

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 02, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Anybody know of a good place in warren county or any where in that general area with safe ice

Offline littlebigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:16 PM »

Offline littlebigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:36 PM »
I dont know how muck more ice you want than 4 inchs,thats plenty.The bigest problem with ice fishing when lakes are not totaly safe is that it gives a false impression to people who see you out there and they think the whole lake is safe to ice skate or cross country ski on that leads to trouble.And as for bill I softened the ice for him when i got off the dock he needed a bath you ever sit in a shelter with him WOW ;Dhey fishgalore its all good ;)

Offline Phazer icefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Feb 02, 2013, 09:11 PM »
Today the bay of Little muskego lake in southeast Wisconsin had 11 inches of ice

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 02, 2013, 11:06 PM »
I dont know how muck more ice you want than 4 inchs,thats plenty.The bigest problem with ice fishing when lakes are not totaly safe is that it gives a false impression to people who see you out there and they think the whole lake is safe to ice skate or cross country ski on that leads to trouble.And as for bill I softened the ice for him when i got off the dock he needed a bath you ever sit in a shelter with him WOW ;Dhey fishgalore its all good ;)

Hey, that's what I said a few weeks back! BTW: I have 7" of ice nearby no need to drive 45 mins to fish for me. I did some scouting today and spoke to RELIABLE sources.

4" is good for me. I hope you hammered 'em.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.