The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: where to set up camp...  (Read 421 times)

Offline icebuff5

• IceShanty Rookie
where to set up camp...
« on: Feb 01, 2013, 02:53 PM »
Taking the family camping/fishing this weekend at Boysen. Where would you pull the camper to and fish? Where do you think we will have the best luck? Went by the islands off the marina last weekend and didn't have a flag. I need to catch some fish!!! Been a tough year thus far! Help!!!! ??? ??? ???

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: where to set up camp...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2013, 03:19 PM »
I would set up somewhere on the southside of the lake.  We did ok at muddy bay, but it was hit and miss.  Have heard that some guys were still doing ok in poison creek, but also heard that down by the dam the people fishing there ran into some trout and then right before dark were getting into some sauger on the tipups, then some ling at night and during the day.  Fishing has just been being in the right spot at the right time, I think I am going to go to Ocean and see if i can get into the perch.

Offline QueenofIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: where to set up camp...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Fishing has been a little difficult at Boysen recently as fish are less active in the middle of icefishing season. I will say that people are doing quite well though when they are fishing in the right place. I personally plan to hit up Badwater on Boysen this weekend and hope to run into a few.
ICE ON!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.