The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Automatic jiging devices  (Read 2752 times)

Offline BHollister

• IceShanty Rookie
Automatic jiging devices
« on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:37 PM »
Has anyone got an idea where to purchase automatic jiging devices for ice fishing ?  I've seen some used but the supplier is gone.  Bob

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Automatic jiging devices
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:41 PM »
try
ezjigger.com

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:45 PM »
i was looking at the EZjigger, went to their website and watched all their videos and looked at other units and then i was about to pull the trigger on the EZ and then i found out they dont make them anymore! you can still buy all the accessories etc, but the jigger itself is not available ANYWHERE!  i just wan t one for the wheel house

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:48 PM »
did you try their to links to cabelas or sportsman warehouse. I got mine from cabelas about 3yrs ago. I think the original cost of mine was 24.99, guess they doubled in price since then.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:49 PM »
yup, i looked everywhere, even ebay!

Offline Dardevle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2013, 01:37 PM »
Hey, maybe you should try Costco's fresh fish department.  If you can't do your own jigging, you might as well buy your fish.  Sport?????

Offline Stephan_K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Hey, maybe you should try Costco's fresh fish department.  If you can't do your own jigging, you might as well buy your fish.  Sport?????

There's quite a few other reasons to have an automatic jigger than to just jig a hook for you...... Sport?????

Offline Bmarler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2013, 02:55 PM »

This is the first non-constructive post I have seen on this site. We are all entitled to our opinion but what’s the point of sharing something like this?

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2013, 03:08 PM »
this is his second post to the site and he is already being a very valued member of our community!  ::) get a life daredevil

Offline nicejigs

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH ON
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2013, 03:10 PM »
I AM THE AUTOMATIC JIGGING MACHINE!!!! MUAHAHAHAHA @) :tipup:
-"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, don't teach a man to fish and you feed yourself. He's a grown man, fishing is not that hard." _Ron Swanson

Offline Big Mo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I should Die while Fishing, I Die Happy :-)
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2013, 04:07 PM »
There is a jigging machine made by Lindell and sells for $139.99. Thats a lot of money! So I built my own out of a windshield wiper motor,12 volt battery, delay relay and an old tackle box.

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2013, 04:09 PM »
 A little cheaper alternative is using something like a jigger totter and a small card or paper plate sometimes you don't even need that depends on how hard the wind blows. seems like there is always a breeze Just pointing out an alternative  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ADWQqJ-fA

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Seen an old guy using a chunk of sheet metel.  It was 1.5 ft tall about 2 to 4 inches wide and had a hole in it towards the top that held his pole.  I think he had a base but was covered with ice shavings.  The wind did all the work.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline 4EVER406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:05 PM »
Hey hollister, if you don't end up at costco check out fishhousesupply.com.   ;D  the motivator would go nice in a wheelhouse and has different jigging settings.

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:10 PM »
PM me where your fishing, I'll be there for you. :icefish:

Couldn't help myself.
Live Free Or Die.

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:45 PM »
this is his second post to the site and he is already being a very valued member of our community!  ::) get a life daredevil
hahahahaha agreed!!! ;D

Offline dockronk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:00 AM »
somtimes i will attach  pcs of flaging to the line when the wind blows. wifes hair pens or roach clips work. low$$$$

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:25 AM »
Seen an old guy using a chunk of sheet metel.  It was 1.5 ft tall about 2 to 4 inches wide and had a hole in it towards the top that held his pole.  I think he had a base but was covered with ice shavings.  The wind did all the work.

im not sure about holister, but i want mine for inside the wheelhouse, no wind- at least i hope there never is! ;D

the main reason im looking into one is because every time i rip my big pike spoon, it calls in a ton of crappie and other fish. EZjigger has a pretty good looking 'attractor' available on their site and i would like to also use it at night to keep a big sucker minnow flopping around.

every unit i found that is still available is over 100 bucks and i feel like i could build one for way less than that- if only someone could do a how to thread on theirs................ .... :bow:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.