The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: vermont sportsman hardwater tournament series  (Read 2711 times)

Offline bomo fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice team power stick , maki plastic , T7customrods prostaff
vermont sportsman hardwater tournament series
« on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:35 AM »
the tourney at laphams bay in shorum has been moved to dillenbech bay in north hero vt on saterday the 2 of feb.  :icefish:

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
Re: vermont sportsman hardwater tournament series
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:58 AM »
Are you Serious!!! why ??? I was so looking forward to fishing this weekend . just got done pimping out my shanty . there is no way i can drive that far .. i would have to leave at 2.30 in the morning From Rutland ... This Sucks !!!
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:10 PM »
I drive from Barre, Rutland's a haul but it's worth it.  If you left by 4 you'd be ok.  You can always fish as long as you sign up by noon I think
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:28 PM »
I would have to leave Rutland at 2:30 so i could make it there by 5:30 . real bummed out right now :-\
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:37 PM »
bummer, didn't think it was that far.  I know there a bunch of guys staying at bomo the night before, catch a ride
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline Fish Hounds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:39 PM »
Well everyone due to the inch of rain we got last night. The lake has turned to Chocolate milk south of the bridge. We know that you guys plan these dates sometimes 6 months in advance and look forward to fishing expecially those who don't have ice back at home. With that being said we will not cancel the tournament. we are going to move it to Dillenbech Bay, The bite is picking up there and it should be a great tournament. We do opollogize for any inconvienence but it would be a waste of everyones time to fish Laphams. Please Spread The Word!!!!!!!

Offline Fish Hounds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:43 PM »
I would have to leave Rutland at 2:30 so i could make it there by 5:30 . real bummed out right now :-\

http://goo.gl/maps/EY29n  here is a link Joe and remember you dont have to start at 600 you can always start later andrew came at 11:00 one year and still got 2nd. Sorry but this is what is best for everyone. it is the same distance from my house as yours. I to was looking forward to sleeping in.....

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2013, 01:05 PM »
Thanks Jamie I might show up,  ??? Are still planning on having the next  tournament at larabies ?

Offline fishquack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2013, 03:56 PM »
Don't care where we're fishing... ;D :o ::) :) :) EVEN IF IT'S A MUD PUDDLE out in the boondocks HAPPY WE ARE HAVING A TOURNAMENT ..way to go Tournament directors for doing all you could so as NOT TO HAVE TO CANCEL..winter has been "crappy" enough without having to cancel a tournament ..THANK YOU THANK YOU
oh and this is
MRS FISHQUACK LOL

Offline CrappieVermonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2013, 05:31 PM »
So are the next two going to be at dillenbeck cause I cant make it. I really wanted to go. i fished laphams last week and ther was good ice but havent been back. If I had the funds id go and then stay the night in a hotel but ive never fished up there ether so ill wait fore the next one

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2013, 05:54 PM »
bummer, didn't think it was that far.  I know there a bunch of guys staying at bomo the night before, catch a ride

It's not

Offline bomo fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice team power stick , maki plastic , T7customrods prostaff
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:13 PM »
guys its definately worth the drive the seeds there are huge and the tourney is alot of fun and a tun of great door prizes too give it a try . :icefish:      andrew

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2013, 05:52 AM »
Pretty sure the next two are going to be south, Laphams and then Larabees to finish it up.
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline CrappieVermonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:08 AM »
I would like to go but cant make this one ill see you at the next one good luck everyone

Offline ckashner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:46 AM »
not like you didn't have time to pack last night....drive to Burlington or Milton after work and stay in a cheap motel if you don't want to get up way to early...

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2013, 09:22 PM »
saw on the results 2 guys were disqualified any info on that ? just wondering
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Fish Hounds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:22 AM »
2013 Vermont Sportsman Hardwater Tournament Series
 Stop Two: Dillenbeck Bay, Alburg VT

Name Weight (lbs) Points
1 Ricky Doyle 2.98 298
2 Andrew Robinson 2.66 266
3 John Gironx 2.61 261
4 Mark Cappetta 2.26 226
5 Bobby Booth 2.13 213
5 Cindy Doyle 2.13 213
7 Eric Rainville 2.06 206
8 Brian Doyle 2.05 205
9 Dan Crean 1.95 195
10 Paul Reynols 1.89 189
11 Andy Silovich 1.87 187
12 Chris Beayon 1.86 186
13 Justin Boyer 1.84 184
14 Dody 1.83 183
15 Jer Trombley 1.82 182
16 Tim Martell 1.81 181
17 Dylan Smith 1.80 180
18 Willy Rainville 1.80 180
19 Roland Beaulieu 1.78 178
20 Sony Mingo 1.73 173
21 Jerry Whitney 1.73 173
22 Mike Davis 1.72 172
23 Tina Robinson 1.66 166
24 Myles Rounds 1.55 155
25 Shane Rainville 1.37 137
26 Mike Benner 1.32 132
27 Todd Leatherstich 1.30 130
28 Elmer Ross 1.22 122
29 Dan Rainville 1.20 120
30 Dave Gagnan 1.14 114
31 Steve Bannon 1.14 114
32 Dan Bushey 1.10 110
33 Andy Robinson 0.77 077
34 John Jones 0.71 071
35 John Mingo 0.52 052
36 Niki Wentz 0.47 047
37 Cole Rainville 0.33 033

Big Fish: Cindy Doyle 0.90 lbs (Pumpkin Seed)

Did not weigh-in: Bob Trombley, Harry Ladlee, Chris Confer.

Jene Jarvis 2.36 lbs (Disqualified)
Tanner Fransis 1.76 lbs (Disqualified)

Offline Fish Hounds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:32 AM »
To answer the question about the DQ a young boy and his uncle fished together and accidently went into the same shanty together although we have no 10' rule you are not aloud in the same shelter and buckets must stay apart. So we had to dq them. they understood and were great sports about it. The person who turned them in made probably the most sportsman like gesture I have ever seen in my life.  I am going to paste what another competiter wrote about the situation below. 

A rather long story so I'll try to make it quick. Today while fishing a tournament I witnessed true sportsmanship at the greatest level. A youngster probably no older then 9 or so was fishing with his uncle. This kids father had just passed away last year so he fished with his uncle. This was his first tournament he had ever fished. They were doing well and were pretty excited about the day. However they over looked the rule of only one angler per shanty. They were both in the same shanty and this resulted in a disqualification from the event. They understood and gracefully bowed out. The weigh in came and the results announced. The winner of this event Ricky Doyle asked the youngster to step up with him in the front. He told the crowd that he was the one who reported the uncle and the child, and said that we have an obligation to police ourselves on the ice and commended the child for his sportsmanship and effort. This is the good part this man with his winnings told this youngster who just lost his father that he would be giving half of his winnings to him and also give him his winning plaque!! The child didn't know what to do. But kept saying "thank you, thank you so much" and even tried to reject the offering. We all need to step back and ask ourselves when the last time we did something like Ricky Doyle did today?? This is a lesson in caring and sportsmanship on the greatest level, we should be happy that this still exists in this world today. It may seem small but let me tell you to see this happen in front of you and see that child as humble as he was, was nothing short of amazing! I tip my hat to Ricky! A gentleman, you made that Childs day and made everyone of us stop and think about how to act on the ice and elsewhere!! Well done!! Fisherman do have hearts and we take care of our own and always will!!!

I could not of written this any better Thank you Justin Boyer!!!

Offline Huntnfishvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:48 AM »
Great job!

Offline camo ninja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:01 AM »
I have no dog in this fight but i'd feel like an idiot telling on a little kid that didnt know the rules  :-\
why didn they notice and empty his bucket and at least give him a chance to keep fishing ?
Its a little kid , that probably got cold and i know i wouldnt leave my little kid alone in a tent with a heater ...just saying

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Sounds to me like the tournament organizers handled a tough situation well.  At the end of the day the youngster was very happy with his experience thanks to some very thoughtful people. In my opinion he learned valuable life lessons from people with character and integrity.  I bet he will be back to fish their tourneys again. Good job Fishhounds.

Hawk

Offline Fish Hounds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:41 AM »
You can't imagine how hard it is to tell a younster he made a mistake  :-\
These are the times when as a tournament dirrector you want to run and hide. But rules are rules and in order to run a honest successful tournament series they're can be
NO EXCEPTIONS. Thats why we have a rules meeting before every tourney. This was by far the tuffest situation we have encountered and I couldnt be more pleased on how all parties involved handled it.
It's great to see that there is still real sportsman out there!!!!   

Offline vtshantyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • grab your rod and get jiggy with it
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2013, 03:16 AM »
well said!

Offline CrappieVermonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:00 AM »
My son is 10 and he wants to go to one of the tournments this year but not going to bring him till i now he stay out there and do the fishing on his own. He has his own shanty but picking lures and tieing them on fore now

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Very nice story.  :tipup: Kid will be putting you all too shame in 2 years I bet!

Offline Fish Hounds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:46 AM »
My son is 10 and he wants to go to one of the tournments this year but not going to bring him till i now he stay out there and do the fishing on his own. He has his own shanty but picking lures and tieing them on fore now
as long as you keep your buckets apart and dont use the same shanty you can help him with his knots and jig selection. some of the guys share jigs and plastics even though there competing or sit down and have lunch together if you have any other question feel free to pm me. I will be glad to answer any questions you might have.
I try not to post to much or promote the tournament on here out of respect for Ice Shanty they have been excellent about letting us answer questions and posting results.  Look forward to hearing from you, James

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:08 AM »
for anyone who is interested to know more about a day at one of these tournaments, you can find a write up of the last on here.

http://dbiceadventures.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/2-2-13-vshts-second-stop/
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline Fish Hounds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:35 PM »
for anyone who is interested to know more about a day at one of these tournaments, you can find a write up of the last on here.

http://dbiceadventures.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/2-2-13-vshts-second-stop/
:thumbsup:

Offline johnrielly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:45 PM »
So what kinda limit is it? How many fish and what kind?

Offline Fish Hounds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:40 AM »
So what kinda limit is it? How many fish and what kind?
3 sunfish 3 Crappie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.