The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: DARKBROOK GET TOGETHER  (Read 1543 times)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
DARKBROOK GET TOGETHER
« on: Jan 29, 2013, 03:59 PM »
I was thinking with all the curiosity of Darkbrook lately by IS members, maybe a get together is calling. I received some bad news today, My aunt passed away  :( and there is going to be a family gathering Saturday evening. With that going on, I'm not gonna be able to make the hall to Barton's this year.  :-\ I'm going to fish local to me Saturday. I'm thinking some other members might not be able to attend the great gathering John (capt shey) puts on at the Cove . If anyone wants to have a small gathering in the Worcester county area let me know. Post your thoughts here.  Darkbrook or other options. Darkbrook has been slow action lately but does house some big fish. Just an idea for those who can't attend the Barton's cove gathering  :tipup:

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: DARKBROOK GET TOGETHER
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Keith, i just picked up an ION, you gotta check this thing out. Mke the trip buddy!
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Poot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:21 PM »
Keith, very sorry to hear about your aunt. I would join you but the Woodville Rod and Gun Club is putting on their annual kids derby at Whitehall and I'll be over there helping then with that on Saturday.
It's all ball bearings these days......

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:40 PM »
Keith, i just picked up an ION, you gotta check this thing out. Mke the trip buddy!
Its a bit of a haul, only because I have plans late afternoon. , if no one is able to do something local maybe I'll do a 3/4 day at the cove. I really do want to attend again. Except for that darn edge! !!! Hate that shoreline lol.

Offline TipupTerror

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Sorry about your aunt keith. Id love to do a gathering somewhere, darkbrook would be good, centrally located and definitely some decend fish...Just gotta figure out a day to do it, im going to millis on sunday for a tourney, than chad's TMW derby on the 9th and then the lashaway tourney on the 16th, but im available the 10th, 17th, 23rd or the 24th, just let me know if there is more interest and if it falls on a date that im not already committed to something else ill definitely be there.

Bill
" A fish, a buzz or a cold, i ALWAYS catch something on the ice. "

Offline ice warrior

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Sorry about your aunt passing keith @)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Sorry about your aunt keith. Id love to do a gathering somewhere, darkbrook would be good, centrally located and definitely some decend fish...Just gotta figure out a day to do it, im going to millis on sunday for a tourney, than chad's TMW derby on the 9th and then the lashaway tourney on the 16th, but im available the 10th, 17th, 23rd or the 24th, just let me know if there is more interest and if it falls on a date that im not already committed to something else ill definitely be there.

Bill
Bill Are you going to Barton's Cove this Saturday?

Offline TipupTerror

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:42 PM »
Baitbucket just asked the same thing, i cant, got a bday party for my gf's 8yr old daughter and then a tourney in millis on sunday that i have to leave pretty early for, but ill definitely be at chad's tourney the 9th volunteering, i may even get a few tilts in the water after im done helping out with drilling holes and such.

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:48 PM »
I really want to do DBR with you. This sat I'm in mendon for a derby. That is if weather tomorrow doesn't wreck things. I heard 50s tomorrow.... I don't know
Cheers,

Pete

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:23 PM »
I really want to do DBR with you. This sat I'm in mendon for a derby. That is if weather tomorrow doesn't wreck things. I heard 50s tomorrow.... I don't know
We will definitely have a get together on Darkbrook. If not this weekend, sometime this season. Let's keep this thread going. Who's in and what's a good date. Its tough with so many Derby's coming up.

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:36 PM »
Most derbies are Saturday. Perhaps a Sunday? I also have next Monday off.
Cheers,

Pete

Offline TipupTerror

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Im available next sunday and pretty much everyday of the week, being on disability has its advantages, specially during ice fishing season :)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:03 PM »
Im available next sunday and pretty much everyday of the week, being on disability has its advantages, specially during ice fishing season :)
I think I'm available next Sunday? Let me check and get back to ya.

Offline TipupTerror

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:26 PM »
I think I'm available next Sunday? Let me check and get back to ya.

ok dokey, im pretty sure i could talk pikedaddy into coming along as well, he seems game for any ice fishing action :)  :icefish:

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:51 PM »
ok dokey, im pretty sure i could talk pikedaddy into coming along as well, he seems game for any ice fishing action :)  :icefish:
Yup he will most likely be in.

Offline Mass Tracker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:08 AM »
My father & I are heading to Dark Brook tomorrow. We caught 20+ a few years back over by BFI. I was wondering if there is a better area to try.

Offline SteveinMA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:17 AM »
My father & I are heading to Dark Brook tomorrow. We caught 20+ a few years back over by BFI. I was wondering if there is a better area to try.

Caught 20+ what? I've always had good luck parking at BFI and fishing the "deeper" waters near the Island

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:22 AM »
You might want to check the shore today. That shore gets soft easy. Better to know today than in the morning. Personally I've always done better on the small side during winter fishing.

Offline Mass Tracker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:40 AM »
A mix a bass, perch, & pic's. Consistent flags all day in shallower water. I will take a buzz by there this afternoon to check the shoreline. I have my auger mounted on my quad from last week still so I will definitely need to see how the ice looks. I'm guessing we will have to leave the bikes behind tomorrow.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #19 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:46 AM »
A good friend is there now on the little side. The notorious safe shore off the long peninsula just to the left of the boat ramp is NO GOOD, REPEAT NO GOOD! !! He built a log bridge to get out there!  Now he might need my plank to get off. Wind is still keeping the edge open. Its about 4' of water to the ice. :-( I'm going to check some other spots now. Stay tuned, I'll be Bahk :-)

Offline Mass Tracker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 01, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I only live about 5 minutes away so I will be sure to take a look this afternoon. Its amazing how 1-2 days of warmth can change the ice so quickly. I hope you friend is able to get off the ice without issue. Good Luck!

Offline SteveinMA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:18 PM »
I just got back from Darkbrook...the boat ramp had no access...I didnt go out to the peninsula. I went to BFI and you would need a 15' plank to get out to what looks like "good ice"

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:32 PM »
have a gathering next week and ill go.

Offline TipupTerror

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Yea i was also at both spots around 11:30 and doesnt look good at all, maybe by next weekend with colder temps it will be better...

Offline FREEP82

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 617 STRONG
« Reply #24 on: Feb 01, 2013, 02:43 PM »
There is somebody fishing there now

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #25 on: Feb 01, 2013, 04:36 PM »
Keith sorry to heat the bad news.  :(  I would be game for something next weekend.  :tipup:
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #26 on: Feb 01, 2013, 05:01 PM »
There is somebody fishing there now
Probably my friend Mark. He got wet getting off ( 18" deep) . His home made log plank broke! And that was on the best known shore off the point on the small side.

Offline fishsilva

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2013, 05:30 PM »
i saw somebody out there today too

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #28 on: Feb 01, 2013, 05:48 PM »
i saw somebody out there today too
Was it a short pudgy guy in a black coat off the point toward the middle on the small side?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.