The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Manistee Co. Fishing Report  (Read 262 times)

Offline waterwolf42

• Team IceShanty Regular
Manistee Co. Fishing Report
« on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:07 PM »
Well, with the cold, all of the larger bodies of water have finally froze up good.  Here is a quick overview of the major lakes in the area and what has been going on in case any of you from the southern part of the state are planning a trip north.  If you want more detail info, or info on other smaller lakes in the area, send me a pm and I will be happy to help out.

Portage Lake:  Good ice in all areas of the lake.  Quads and sleds are running most everywhere now.  The overall fishing has been on the slow side, but some have been getting good catches of med. sized perch if you can find them.  The dark houses have been getting into some nice pike on the east end as well. 

Manistee Lake:  Portions of the lake have froze up but I do have any word on the fishing report yet. 

Crystal Lake (Benzie Co):  East end is froze up with about 4 inches.  Once you reach the 30fow mark, it turns to 2 inches of ice, 2 inches of slush.  Take a spud and take your time.  The few that are out are getting perch right off of town consistently.

Bear Lake:  Talked to a few that are getting walleye on north shore at dusk.  Most of their bites have been on tip-ups.  The pike bite is decent along the northeast shore and south shore along the first dropoff.  No word on gills.

rippin' lips one fish at a time 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.