Author Topic: My boy tried jigging yesterday.  (Read 1013 times)

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
My boy tried jigging yesterday.
« on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:30 PM »
Tried going to CJ Strike yesterday, but due to all the closed roads we could not get past Bliss.  We tried to find another way around, but everything was closed down.  We detoured to Magic and started fishing after leaving the house over 6 hours earlier.  My 7 year old wanted to try jigging, so I showed him what to do, and this is what he caught in hour while jigging.  He was able to start identifying his jig and fish on the flasher.  We were only able to fish for about 3 hours.  He was excited about the day, and was still telling his mom about it this morning.  He wants his own jigging rod now.  The perch were small at Magic, but I had some for lunch today, and they were good, making fish tacos with the smaller fillets tonight.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: My boy tried jigging yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:35 PM »
Congrats to you and your son, eh. A little catchin' and kids get hooked pretty quickly.
 Ummm fish tacos, that was supper last night!  ;D

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:37 PM »
He was not ready to go when we had to leave, he wanted to stay and keep fishing.  Going again tomorrow, but staying closer to home.

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2013, 07:15 PM »
Great pic and thanks for the report, thinking about it tomorrow or maybe oakley. Any trout or have they moved out to deeper water?

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2013, 07:30 PM »
Very cool!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:31 PM »
 :thumbsup:

WS

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2013, 11:19 PM »
Great pic and thanks for the report, thinking about it tomorrow or maybe oakley. Any trout or have they moved out to deeper water?

Caught a couple of trout about 2 pounds or so.  I hooked one that was closer to 3 pounds.  got it to the hole and it took another run and broke the 2# line I was jigging with on the bottom of the hole.  Tried getting the rod tip into the hole, but wasn't fast enough.  We fished from about 1:00 - 4:00 in the afternoon, so we weren't there for the prime bite.

Offline lilevo15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2013, 11:28 PM »
congrats to the lil guy  how was the ice ?

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2013, 07:51 AM »
Caught a couple of trout about 2 pounds or so.  I hooked one that was closer to 3 pounds.  got it to the hole and it took another run and broke the 2# line I was jigging with on the bottom of the hole.  Tried getting the rod tip into the hole, but wasn't fast enough.  We fished from about 1:00 - 4:00 in the afternoon, so we weren't there for the prime bite.
Thanks we decided to give it a go this morning

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2013, 10:24 AM »
Great job  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:07 PM »
congrats to the lil guy  how was the ice ?
Ice was 15 inches thick a good layer of slush and open water around the edges you could hop onto the ice in places. ramp going down from west magic is slush and get a good run to get back up it. perch fishing was fantastic if you wanted  1 inch to 7 inch perch. trout fishing was slow for us. rained most of the day But we caught fish  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.