The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ATOMIC ICE DERBY  (Read 884 times)

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
ATOMIC ICE DERBY
« on: Jan 24, 2013, 07:13 AM »
I thought I would post this,for more info go to (www.atomicicederby.com) This one is big and getting bigger every year. Lots and lots of prizes. And big money and a 4wheeler. I missed the last 2 years,once for a back operation and last year for open heart ,now I am ready to go. This derby is at La Crosse ,at lake On Alaska. Jerry

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ATOMIC ICE DERBY
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:26 PM »
I'll be there. Got my fourwheeler and all my gear ready to go!

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2013, 05:51 PM »
Did you win anything

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline Perchand Destroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2013, 06:27 PM »
I just love progressive idiots in the media. "While it's not illegal to drive your car on the ice"

Nor is it illegal to drive your car in your yard and hit a tree, I am guessing some prefer driving on the ice will be illegal in the future.

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:05 PM »
I was there didn't see this. I drove my fourwheeler out on the ice. Theres no way in hell id ever drive a car or truck on the ice I don't care how much ice there is not worth the risk of going through considering losing your truck or car and the fines on top of it. Theres was so many trucks and cars out there then they were flying down the ice going like 40 and spinning around which I don't care what people do its there own business but you gotta respect the ice or it will destroy you and also theres young kids around and people in tents other cars what if you hit someone and seriously hurt or killed them. And most people sit out there and drink beer all day which again I don't care but you understand my point.

Offline Gman64

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It Cant Be Time To Go Home I Still Have Bait Left!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2013, 05:35 AM »
Thats why I dont go to the real big turnys like that. Its kinda like going out drinkin on new years eve....amateurs ya cant trust em and at an open turny with that big of prize money to many cheaters Have seen the results of a guy screwin around and running over a shack with his truck not cool.......

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:30 PM »
Thats why I dont go to the real big turnys like that. Its kinda like going out drinkin on new years eve....amateurs ya cant trust em and at an open turny with that big of prize money to many cheaters Have seen the results of a guy screwin around and running over a shack with his truck not cool.......

I'm a big tournmanet fisherman...I fish the flw tournaments too but these ice tournaments make me wonder...cause it seems like the same people win the prizes...I know the guy who won the fourwheeler this year won a couple other prizes too....I seen guys that were winning big prizes last year winning big prizes this year too....like my dad caught a 14" perch we measured it 5 different times got 14" and it wasn't even half hour later it was 11 o clock and you could start registering fish and my dad went and they said it was only 13" I don't get it and when my dad got down there it was pry a little after 11 he asked them what was the biggest perch and the guy said 14" I think it was set up for pry a buddy of the guys doing to the tournament...I don't know maybe not but still kinda funny and I don't know how two different measuring could read different

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.