Author Topic: Willow slough theaf  (Read 1831 times)

Offline icehead47906

• IceShanty Rookie
Willow slough theaf
« on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I am the one that was in the blue clam   I have been leading ppl out the last few times we had ice.  I left a  red eckimo pop up Shanty in my white Chevy pick up and some one stole it out the back the poles don't stay in I. It anymore cuz the stitching and the poles was also not in the bag they where laying in the back on the truck. The shanty is very recognizable all the poles fall out when you take it down.

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Willow slough theaf
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:58 PM »
WOW. Takes all kinds, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully they are dumb enough to take it out on The Slough and you can get it back.

Offline portageredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:58 PM »
someone got my auger there few years back...

Offline icehead47906

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:03 PM »
Yeah it's messed up I hope I don't see them out there cuz that one thing I can't stand

Offline B_ALEX70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:06 PM »
Sorry about that, but thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this post can save someone from getting ripped off!

Offline Fergie2u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:07 PM »
Is your name and addy on it? If so might put at least that info out there so if someone sees it. Just your name might help

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:10 PM »
That sucks man. I had to buy a new spud bar this year,mine was taken end of last year while out fishing.  :( :(  Some people just need a good slap to the head.

Offline RynoIceMan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:20 PM »
some idiot was brazent enough to steal my TRUCK while out hunting one day down there years back.....hes lucky i didnt walk out while he was doin it or he woulda had 5 deer slugs and 12   .45 rounds to tell him thats a bad idea!!! they found it in ill. a week later burnt to a crisp missing seat and a collector over under 12.ga from the grampa......DNR was awesome about it tho... he took us to the restraunt on 41 thats not there no more. bought us a meal, and said if he finds the truck he will bring the thief there for me to have a few words with him!!
Didnt catch a damn thing! Guess you can say we took a lickn'
Tonights fish fry is gonna taste like chicken!
A Bad Day of Fishin' Beats a Good Day of Anything Else

Offline icehead47906

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:32 PM »
Wow that's crazy I thought it was a code among fisherman and hunters not the still Other ppl stuff

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:34 PM »
Sad sad sad!!!
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Offline icehead47906

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:35 PM »
Yeah it's going to be sad for the person to if I find him sitting in it

Offline Fergie2u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Wow that's crazy I thought it was a code among fisherman and hunters not the still Other ppl stuff

They're should be, but it's the low life's out there you got to watch for. :'( :-\  I don't know anyone that's a real outdoors person that would steal from another.

Offline RynoIceMan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Not racist but they said it was found it that ghetto area just west of border into ill thats suppose to be like a lil' Gary!!! So i dont think it was an outdoorsman that hot my truck!  But all the other losses stated above sounds like they were outdoorsman, which is jacked up, in the wors of Si Robertson, "homey dont play that"!!
Didnt catch a damn thing! Guess you can say we took a lickn'
Tonights fish fry is gonna taste like chicken!
A Bad Day of Fishin' Beats a Good Day of Anything Else

Offline Fergie2u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:45 PM »
Is your name on it ?

Offline Moose416

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Take What You Need....Leave the Rest for Seed"
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:47 PM »
Were you parked right in front of the ramp at Mormon?  Saw a Chevy with the trailgate down.

Offline icehead47906

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:55 PM »
No my name was not on it and I was parked all the way at the end by headquarters

Offline Awk5658

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2013, 10:45 PM »
This year I sat down a nice bait caster and fished with my other rod for like an hour.  I forgot that I sat it down and when I went back a few hours later someone swiped it.  100 bucks down the toilet, then I was out on maxi and I left 2 markers out fished another spot and they were gone when I came back people don't care about anything anymore. 

Offline pgaschulz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2013, 10:51 PM »
Not racist but they said it was found it that ghetto area just west of border into ill thats suppose to be like a lil' Gary!!! So i dont think it was an outdoorsman that hot my truck!  But all the other losses stated above sounds like they were outdoorsman, which is jacked up, in the wors of Si Robertson, "homey dont play that"!!
did you want the red necks to drop it in a up scale neighborhood?  Maybe you would have felt better.....or maybe park it infront of their house.... ::) ::) ::)

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2013, 04:56 AM »

Yes it is! I had 3 deer cams stolen this year that I have had for 5 years on private property, the best part about it is they were all password secured and cannot be used without out it!! I keep telling my self that EVERYONE has to stand before his or her MAKER in the END and that's when it will be made right!!!!!   ;D

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2013, 05:27 AM »
No my name was not on it and I was parked all the way at the end by headquarters

Do they have any kind of servalance cams around, I would ask the manager, you never know.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline fishersofmen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jesus Christ is lord
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2013, 05:43 AM »
WOW. Takes all kinds, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully they are dumb enough to take it out on The Slough and you can get it back.
i love the slough but had my campsite rifled a few yrs ago...took my hatchets, some chairs ...nothing really expensive but some sentimental value as my brotherinlaws father who i really like gave me that hatchet...steve
Jesus said to be fishersofmen

Offline icehead47906

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2013, 05:48 AM »
Don't have cams that I know of

Offline icehead47906

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:00 AM »
I don't think they got cams

Offline dand6895

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:08 AM »
Yes it is! I had 3 deer cams stolen this year that I have had for 5 years on private property, the best part about it is they were all password secured and cannot be used without out it!! I keep telling my self that EVERYONE has to stand before his or her MAKER in the END and that's when it will be made right!!!!!   ;D
I agree. the people taking taking the easy way, get their reward now.  I'll wait for mine. I just want to know, what ever happened to integrity, my dad would have kicked my butt, and probably still would at 74 years old if he suspected I took something that wasn't mine. sorry for the rant.
Take a kid fishing!

Offline graham

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:14 AM »
Red Eskimo pop-up that the poles fall out of when it's taken down...any other distinguishing features?  There's a good possibility that somebody here on IS will see it if the thief takes it out on public ice. Might wanna post it on the Illinois board too.

Offline fishogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:17 AM »
thats a shame! i dont leave anything out anymore. i was walking in from circle park one night and seen a truck pull in the ramp. 2 guys got out and went around looking in trucks. then they took off. couldnt see good enough to tell if they stole anything though.
got grease?

Offline popnfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:55 AM »
could always leave something there for them n hide out of site n catch em in the act.
Call it thief fishin  ::)

Offline icehead47906

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2013, 09:56 AM »
Yeah one side will be missing the poles  I left them at home yesterday that why I didn't use it

Offline Linemanlett

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 24, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Somebody got in my truck at my house and took all my change but left my hummingbird 345, cordless drill attached to my auger, and my Sirius radio!!  Got lucky, I was ready to fillet somebody!!dirtbags to say the least.  Hope you find your stuff!!

Offline icehead47906

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2013, 01:34 PM »
I do to but it's not looking good to

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.