The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: White lake spearing  (Read 1037 times)

Offline PikeDemon

• IceShanty Rookie
White lake spearing
« on: Jan 23, 2013, 07:08 AM »
Ice on the lake looking good, had 4 inches where i speared down by Goodrich park but no luck. Any one else getting out in the area with any luck?  Hoping to get my permanent spearing shanty out in a couple days. 

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
Re: White lake spearing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:45 PM »
Ice on the lake looking good, had 4 inches where i speared down by Goodrich park but no luck. Any one else getting out in the area with any luck?  Hoping to get my permanent spearing shanty out in a couple days.

Yeah but the Lyons den only has 2-3", I hope to get my permanent out some time during the week next week but even the potable would be nice. Thanks for the 4" update. I like the fact that there is only 2-3" of snow on the ice. I'm also going to try this weekend  ;D

Offline PikeDemon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:17 AM »
pike where on the move yesterday, saw 13 and a 30'' musky i swear tiger stripes an all first time I've seen one.  Speared two just over 24'' inch looked bigger, second time out got to get back into the swing of thing.  :tipup:  ;D

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2013, 11:14 AM »
I speared at the Lyons den sat and sun morning only saw 1 and it was around 27-29" and I missed it cause just as I went to throw the spear it lunged and grabbed my decoy. 2-7" of ice depending on where you stood. There where few pan fish which is very strange for the Lyons den. Did you spear in the marina at the park ? I hear that the narrows only has 2" of ice

Offline PikeDemon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2013, 11:38 AM »
Yup, stayed away from the narrows though spud went right throw with one hit. I didn't see any blue gill or perch either.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.