Author Topic: 2013 Great East Derby!!!  (Read 5527 times)

Offline NH_RED

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2013 Great East Derby!!!
« Reply #60 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:03 AM »
Lake Trout (Kept)
18 lbs., 0 oz.; 36.00" length    Mark Lovering, Manchester, NH    Great East Lake, E. Wakefield
2011 the above fish was entered into the trophy program from Great East. Still some biggies in there once in a while.

Offline Clams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 04, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Great report JRFlatlander, and congrats to Jr.!  :thumbsup:

Glad we could be of service and yell Flag Up for you! It's hard to not yell it sometimes!

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Feb 04, 2013, 11:59 AM »
Great report JRFlatlander, and congrats to Jr.!  :thumbsup:

Glad we could be of service and yell Flag Up for you! It's hard to not yell it sometimes!

Thanks Clams, was that you that  I spoke with?  I'm sure it was up awhile too  :whistle: I was able to salvage 100 yards of line from those two traps to make him cusk traps for the derby this weekend.  It took me a 1/2 hour and a lot of patience.  I owe  you one for the heads up.  I was glued to the vex and he was cooking clam chowda.  One bad thing about being in the otter the windows are tuff to see out of. They  fog and freeze up pretty good. 
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline Clams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 04, 2013, 01:24 PM »
Yup, that was us. Funny how it was both of our first times fishing the lake and we ended up next to each other.

The Flag calls were from Madtrappa. He as eagle eyes and a weird 6th sence for flags going up.  ;D  :tipup:

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Feb 04, 2013, 02:08 PM »
I have never ice fished it before but I have done a  few bass tournaments back in the day there. I was prefishing in april years ago with water temps in the high 30's and caught a laker just under 6 in that same general area on a sliver buddy
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 04, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Nice report JR.....

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
« Reply #66 on: Feb 04, 2013, 04:43 PM »
nice report and well done. seemed like the area we were in was pretty productive for both of us we ended up with three fish about the same size as well. I think we were a little shallower right where the drop off fron 14 to forty ft and boy did it happen fast. two holes ten yards from each other and a twenty five ft difference. we got two off the deep side and one on top. Glad to help with the flags I watched that flag go up and like three minutes go by so Just couldnt deal I had to start screaming. Clams and I both said yup he got spooled.. LOL nice to meet you I know I def wanna get back out and try it again. what a fun day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.