Author Topic: 2013 Great East Derby!!!  (Read 5526 times)

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2013 Great East Derby!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30, 2013, 01:57 PM »
Now you can show up at 5 to sign up? tried calling dumond flies but no answer. Just wanting to make sure i can sign up. been waiting all year for this one!

Call him after 5  thats when i got ahold of him yesterday, seems like a nice guy
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #31 on: Jan 30, 2013, 03:46 PM »
Now you can show up at 5 to sign up? tried calling dumond flies but no answer. Just wanting to make sure i can sign up. been waiting all year for this one!
Yes you can sign up at 5am Saturday morning at the boat launch

Offline kl3377

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2013, 06:26 PM »
Registered and paid today for me and the boy.  If he can catch a Laker he will have the trifecta thru the ice this year.
A watched lake never freezes.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:05 PM »
should be a good derby see ya there
in god we trust

Offline Holden Turbitt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2013, 10:42 AM »
Yes you can sign up at 5am Saturday morning at the boat launch

thank you

Offline Bluefin1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:48 AM »
If anyone has a ice report that would be nice,wont make it over to check until tom afternoon

Offline Holden Turbitt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:53 AM »
If anyone has a ice report that would be nice,wont make it over to check until tom afternoon

as of last saturday 10 inches of good black ice

Offline Bluefin1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:04 PM »
as of last saturday 10 inches of good black ice
yea thats what I had sunday..just wondering what the rain did,ill check tom when I get outa work unless someone has time to durring the daylight

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 31, 2013, 01:18 PM »
yea thats what I had sunday..just wondering what the rain did,ill check tom when I get outa work unless someone has time to durring the daylight

Keep us im the loop bluefin Thanks :icefish:
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #39 on: Jan 31, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Keep us im the loop bluefin Thanks :icefish:
[/quote
On the Maine board someone is saying they have 10" of clear black ice under his shack today....

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #40 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:20 PM »
Just picked up a door prize for the derby today!!! 2 people will be going home with brand new Loring Pack Baskets!!!!

Offline kl3377

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Looking forward to Saturday and it just keeps getting better. ;D
A watched lake never freezes.

Offline Bluefin1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:48 PM »
I get out at 5 tom and will give a ice update around 6 lets have some fun sat,always a great derby

Offline Holden Turbitt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I get out at 5 tom and will give a ice update around 6 lets have some fun sat,always a great derby

i might be out there then too to check. so maybe ill see ya out there...ill bring rope just incase  ;)

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #44 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:40 AM »
The Auger finally arrived!!! Someone will be going home with a new Auger!!!!

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
« Reply #45 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:06 AM »
What type of auger is it?.. what are the other prizes?  i'm so excited I just found out my Brother who almost never joins me in my ice excursions is coming withClams and I  tomorrow I doubt I will sleep much tonight. I'll probbaly look at maps and sharpen hooks till go time. I'm def obsessed a bit.

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #46 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:59 AM »
What type of auger is it?.. what are the other prizes?  i'm so excited I just found out my Brother who almost never joins me in my ice excursions is coming withClams and I  tomorrow I doubt I will sleep much tonight. I'll probbaly look at maps and sharpen hooks till go time. I'm def obsessed a bit.
Eskimo

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Feb 01, 2013, 11:54 AM »
Loaded up and ready to go, see you guys in the am :icefish:  Not a good day to mis place the creepers :wacko:
[

Offline NH_RED

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 01, 2013, 02:03 PM »
Few years ago ;D

Offline Holden Turbitt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 01, 2013, 03:02 PM »
drove by and saw a guy out there with an ATV, i dont think theres anything to worry about. ice house out there too.

Offline Uncle Lar

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DON'T SHADOW THE HOLE
« Reply #50 on: Feb 01, 2013, 05:59 PM »
We are there!

Offline stompa13i

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 02, 2013, 11:10 AM »
Is great east derby just today or all weekend?
Thanks...
TP

Offline NH_RED

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 02, 2013, 02:59 PM »
6.3lb Laker won it!

Offline Clams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 02, 2013, 04:56 PM »
We had fun. Never fished the lake before, and I also got to test out my new Nils. I love it. Had a guy on a quad stop and comment how fast of a hand auger it is. Ended up getting 3 lakers (which were our first lakers through the ice! I know ::) We have never targeted them before. Great fighters!) Got all three in the first hour or so, and then the bite completely died, and we watched people having fun with their kids on the slick ice on quads doing donuts and spins. Heard it was a slow day for alot of people. I had a 21 1/2 incher on the board in third, but it got bumped back to 5th. Didn't win anything but it all went to a good cause. ;D

Heard the guy who won, won last year as well. He also had family with winning fish today. He must know the lake well.

Not even one rainbow entered.......... I heard the same as last year. Made me think I should have put a trap or two for them.  ;)

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:15 PM »
We had fun. Never fished the lake before, and I also got to test out my new Nils. I love it. Had a guy on a quad stop and comment how fast of a hand auger it is. Ended up getting 3 lakers (which were our first lakers through the ice! I know ::) We have never targeted them before. Great fighters!) Got all three in the first hour or so, and then the bite completely died, and we watched people having fun with their kids on the slick ice on quads doing donuts and spins. Heard it was a slow day for alot of people. I had a 21 1/2 incher on the board in third, but it got bumped back to 5th. Didn't win anything but it all went to a good cause. ;D

Heard the guy who won, won last year as well. He also had family with winning fish today. He must know the lake well.

Not even one rainbow entered.......... I heard the same as last year. Made me think I should have put a trap or two for them.  ;)

Numerous people insist that there are still rainbows in there, I laughed when none showed on the board today. Great East is not the rainbow fishery it was 5 years ago.

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #55 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:05 AM »
I fished it with some buddies. I fished the first 4 hours or so for rainbows. Then moved to deeper water with the rest of the crew. We talked to a guy that lost a rainbow at the hole. It frustrates me to see no rainbows on the board, because of the fact I love to target rainbows. But, I have yet to find a place on the lake where I can catch one. Its good to know I'm not the only one lol. I also heard a sled and a quad went through on the back side by the Wakefield beach. Hope everyone is OK? Even though I got skunked it was still a great day. I was impressed with the way it ran, and the amount of goodies they gave away. Great job to the coordinators and sponsors. Keep up the good work. Great to see people out there having fun and raising money for a great cause.

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #56 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:50 AM »

If that is true, that would make it 2 years in a row for both

Offline Wakefieldfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:02 AM »
 They still stock rainbows. I catch quite a few in the spring and caught a couple in the basins last time I fished it a couple of years ago.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 03, 2013, 03:29 PM »
Numerous people insist that there are still rainbows in there, I laughed when none showed on the board today. Great East is not the rainbow fishery it was 5 years ago.
I agree! Used to be nice for bows. Last I knew, NH was only putting 1150 bows in that 1800 + acre lake, and ME hadn't stocked it in several years. As Wakefieldfisher said, they are in there, but certainly not as abundant as before.
I used to fish it quite a lot, but not worth it to me anymore. I used to think that it was a gem with not much pressure on the open water. Always seemed to get more pressure on the ice for Togue. Too bad, that, that nice interstate body of water is understocked IMO.

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 04, 2013, 07:50 AM »
I agree! Used to be nice for bows. Last I knew, NH was only putting 1150 bows in that 1800 + acre lake, and ME hadn't stocked it in several years. As Wakefieldfisher said, they are in there, but certainly not as abundant as before.
I used to fish it quite a lot, but not worth it to me anymore. I used to think that it was a gem with not much pressure on the open water. Always seemed to get more pressure on the ice for Togue. Too bad, that, that nice interstate body of water is understocked IMO.

I dont believe maine has ever stocked great east.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.