The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: pannies/ tip-ups, I want both  (Read 409 times)

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
pannies/ tip-ups, I want both
« on: Jan 18, 2013, 08:57 AM »
 my very favorite ice fishing plan is to be on a lake, set up 2 tip-ups, and take vexi, and jig rod, and go chase gills, while waiting for flags. We ocassionally go stricktly tipup fishin, with about 6 people, and that is fun even if it is not your flag up. I go to Fenton, Bush,Buell and used to go to neppesing.  I have seen guys go out, set up three traps, a chair , and wait. Not so much into that. For those of you who fish this way, (both) what is your favorite public lake that offers both oppertunities?

Offline CBGale2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What Lake, How Deep, and What Color?
Re: pannies/ tip-ups, I want both
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2013, 08:58 AM »
I go for the panfish and throw out a tip up and see if anything bites.  Thats how I roll.
Posted via my rotary dial telephone.

Bikini Ice Fishing Team Fluffer/ProStaff

Offline Otsegoamigo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:10 AM »
I put two tip ups and and sit in a warm shanty pan fishing waiting for flags to go up.

Offline dtownalltheway

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2013, 12:25 PM »
Same with me....I can only pay enough attention to jig 1 pole for panfish at a time so I use my other 2 lines as tip ups. I just got a couple windlass tipups as a gift that I'm looking forward to trying. Anybody have much luck with them?

Offline Otsegoamigo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2013, 12:36 PM »
I have not use the windlass tip ups, but they do look really cool to use though. I use frabill orange tip ups. I like them because they are circle which keeps the hole from freezing up and flat which keeps them out of the wind. I have been very successful with them. Also I do agree with you about handling two jig poles at once. I would rather have two tip ups in and jig with one pole.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.