Author Topic: Die Hards  (Read 8977 times)

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Die Hards
« on: Apr 25, 2005, 11:32 AM »
Heard this one from a guy i know. the ice was going out fast on the local lake, and the conditions were not good. the caretaker of a large estate, who is an avid fishermen himself, was watching out the window and saw 2 fishermen walk out on the ice on the bay near him. all of the sudden the 2nd fisherman fell through the ice. the first guy went back, reached out with his auger and pulled the other guy out of the water. both guys proceded to walk another 50 feet or so, cut holes, and begin to fish. now thats a die hard fisherman.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Die Hards
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2005, 07:32 PM »
yes indeed

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2005, 11:22 PM »
Now thats just plain CRAZY :cookoo:

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2005, 08:18 AM »
a real numb nut ;D

Offline gillchaser

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Live to fish and hunt
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2006, 08:14 PM »
You got do what you got to do.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:26 PM »
I had a friend fall through a smelt trough?    Instead of heading home (someone offered to drive him home) He took off his jeans and socks (still had his bibs and boots on) and fished the whole night. He says he wasnt that cold but if his jeans and socks got wet i would assume the inside of bibs and boots were soaked and very cold also. Oh well die hard he was    I am a die hard ice fisherman I could be purple and freezing possibly to death and i always say comeon we got another hour at least...but I think if i fell through walking out that would end my trip  especially considering once you were out there you had to wait for the perfect tide to get back on shore.

Offline Rockfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2006, 08:16 AM »
The first time I went ice fishing I was a teenager and had to ride a bike with a buddy about three miles to get to the nearest lake.  After a couple of hours of fruitless fishing my buddy says pointing to an open water channel down the lake, "hey, I bet we could cover move water and show our baits to more fish if we go over there."  So, being young and dumb we set off to try our luck.  I'm sure you can guess the result.  All of a sudden, I'm looking up at the hole from 3-4' under going, "wha....?"  Somehow I was able to launch myself like a missle back to the surface and out on top of the ice.   We then made our way back to our bikes and let me tell you I have no idea how I didn't lose fingers from frostbite on the ride home.  I'm sure the exercise helped but I'm sure I was hypothermic by the time I got there.  Needless to say that taught me an indelible lesson about ice safety that I'll never forget.

Rockfish

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2006, 05:54 PM »
I went through last winter, I was wet up to my armpits. It was dark and knew I had a long way to go to get back to the pickup. Wet, cold, and windy is not a good combo, so I had no choice but to set up my portable and get the heater going. Once I got inside and got it heated up good, I stripped to my shorts and hung my clothes up to dry over the roof supports. I figured that since I was there, I may as well put a line down, so I drilled a hole and slid the house over it. Man did it pay off, I had fallen through a rotten spot where a very live spring was located. I caught a limit of very quality bluegills in less than 20 minutes. All last winter I returned to that spot (cautiously), and had better action ever on that particular lake.

Falling through the ice isn't necessarily a bad thing! ;D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Aug 04, 2006, 06:29 PM »
i fell through the ice to i no how bad it is

??? ??? ???Huh? ??? ??? ??? please clarify, I don't understand.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2006, 07:09 PM »
 :thumbsup: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2006, 06:53 PM »
I went through last winter, I was wet up to my armpits. It was dark and knew I had a long way to go to get back to the pickup. Wet, cold, and windy is not a good combo, so I had no choice but to set up my portable and get the heater going. Once I got inside and got it heated up good, I stripped to my shorts and hung my clothes up to dry over the roof supports. I figured that since I was there, I may as well put a line down, so I drilled a hole and slid the house over it. Man did it pay off, I had fallen through a rotten spot where a very live spring was located. I caught a limit of very quality bluegills in less than 20 minutes. All last winter I returned to that spot (cautiously), and had better action ever on that particular lake.---

Bet your game warden would leave you alone after that if he swung your door open and you were sitting there in your underwear.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Bet your game warden would leave you alone after that if he swung your door open and you were sitting there in your underwear.

If he didnt, I would be worried. ;)

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2006, 07:13 AM »
lol :)

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline NickP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2006, 12:10 PM »
Did you pull yourself out crappie boy? Dont lie now....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.