Author Topic: gotta keep it going  (Read 49000 times)

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: gotta keep it going
« Reply #360 on: Jul 27, 2005, 07:08 AM »
The good thing is that it is not a very big lake only at 170 acres, but I do believe that it is a late freeze from what I read in the past.   
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #361 on: Jul 27, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Ah, the sweet, sweet smell of cool air.  Woke up this morning (with a wine glass in my hand :P....sorry, had to do that for Frampton's sake)....ah, I digress.  Anyhow, the temp in Livonia, Michigan was around 68 or 70 degrees :o :o.  Tonight's low is going to be 53 ;D....only 21 degrees away from that magic mark!  What a relief from the heat wave.  So chilly, in fact, that my son's swimming lessons were called off....they had 'safety day'.  Now I'm getting excited for fall and the Michigan Winter!  Bring it on!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #362 on: Jul 28, 2005, 10:39 AM »
July is almost done, just means we are getting closer to the colder weather.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #363 on: Jul 28, 2005, 11:50 AM »
4 1/2 more months.   :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #364 on: Jul 29, 2005, 07:20 AM »
I'm sitting here trying to think of something to report or talk about and can't come up with anything. This warm weather is really starting to get under my skin :'(
         Jim

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #365 on: Jul 29, 2005, 12:30 PM »
I love summer.  The bass fishing here (Mississippi in the Twin Cities) has been phenomenal.  In the last week I've caught 10 smallmouth over 4 1/2 pounds.  And yesterday I got a walleye on a tube that was 27"!  With fishing and beautiful weather like this, it's kinda hard to sit and mope about not catching 8" craps through a little hole while freezing my sack off.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #366 on: Jul 29, 2005, 04:23 PM »
So MN has poor fishing, and usually the guys from there brag how great it is. It`s refreshing to hear some honesty.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #367 on: Jul 29, 2005, 09:10 PM »
I love summer.  The bass fishing here (Mississippi in the Twin Cities) has been phenomenal.  In the last week I've caught 10 smallmouth over 4 1/2 pounds.  And yesterday I got a walleye on a tube that was 27"!  With fishing and beautiful weather like this, it's kinda hard to sit and mope about not catching 8" craps through a little hole while freezing my sack off.
Is there any way we can get rid of this guy. Doesn't he know what this wed site is for?Hopefuly the mod.s will delete his post because it will piss me off every time I see it >:(
          Jim

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #368 on: Jul 30, 2005, 06:48 AM »

so why visit IS if you dont miss the 8" cappies and freezing your sack off?

Offline The Clam

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • icin' eyes
« Reply #369 on: Jul 30, 2005, 10:06 PM »
Had a case of the midsummer iceless blues earlier today, so I decided to log on to see if anybody has been on.  Glad to see I'm not the only one that's got the hard water D.T.'s.  Going to the ST. Lawrence next week, but it's just not as good from a boat.  Mabey I could strap a couple pontoons to the boat, cut a hole in the bottom, and throw some ice cubes in.  Oh well every day is one closer to the big day. :thumbsup:
Fish may be stupid but I've never seen a perch sitting in a boat with a second degree sun burn trying to catch a man.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #370 on: Jul 31, 2005, 01:18 AM »
I was out playing with the ice rods earlier. I decided I like #2 Seaguar better than #4. Smaller, still very strong, pulls tight with smaller jig. Caught a lot of fish on it last year. Will catch more this year. Am coming up with new system to fish 4 days a week. Major part is not to impregnate wife before ice season and end up with first trimester devil woman when I want to go fishing. Lesson learned.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #371 on: Aug 01, 2005, 11:24 AM »
Mr. Seaguar,

Funny...very funny...now the whole overly quiet office is certain that I'm some finda perverted freak...the sudden outburst of laughter has convinced them so.  Anyhow, funny.  I, too, tend to shy away from first trimester devil women.

Come on ice!

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #372 on: Aug 01, 2005, 11:46 AM »
:D You guys need to learn that for a little time and some slight pain the problem can be taken care of ;). Now I tell my wife if she blow's up like a balloon she has to move out because I didn't have anything to do with it ;)2
       Jim

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #373 on: Aug 01, 2005, 02:12 PM »
July go bye bye, getting closer to ice fishing season.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #374 on: Aug 01, 2005, 06:20 PM »
This is only our second and I really didnt want our daughter to be an only child. But this is it. No more.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #375 on: Aug 02, 2005, 05:34 AM »
We still have snow here at higher elevation...
[/img]
[/img]
In 2 months I should be on ice at higher elevations ;D
So looking forward to it.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #376 on: Aug 02, 2005, 06:53 AM »
Were in the home stretch now.  In the month of August we will drop an average of 6 degrees in average high temp. and we will lose 1 hour and 10 minutes of sunlight.  ;D

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #377 on: Aug 02, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Russ you are getting into to many details. It's alot easier just to say I SURE HOPE IT GET'S FREEKIN COLD SOON ;D.
       Jim

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #378 on: Aug 04, 2005, 07:43 AM »
The weather is still hot here in central Pa.  The big cool down should be on it's way soon though. It's good to see that TFB didn't give up on all of use on here. Here are some word's for all of use to remember, if you say something and people respond in a negative way, normally they are jealous. Sometime's people tell stories that are hard for some others to believe but it is their story. If we all told store's of thing's that we did there would be many of them that others would say that couldn't be true. All I know for sure is I cant wait for everyone to come back here and get this site rolling again.
       Jim

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #379 on: Aug 04, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Hi all, just wanted to check in.  Wish I had more time to do so more often.  Anybody else hate this heat??  My garden loves it tho...

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #380 on: Aug 04, 2005, 02:10 PM »
im with you, i hate this heat.
i wish things would start freezing soon.
then i can see this                                         :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #381 on: Aug 04, 2005, 03:15 PM »
I mentioned my garden loves the heat...any one that wants to come raid my garden is welcome!!  Lots of squash, cukes and beans ready to go.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #382 on: Aug 05, 2005, 01:29 AM »
We still have snow here at higher elevation...
(Image removed from quote.)[/img]
(Image removed from quote.)[/img]
In 2 months I should be on ice at higher elevations ;D
So looking forward to it.
Gotta love the high country! I was told today that it snowed at Merton Lake on August 1st!!!!! My 2 buddies were out wolf hunting and they got snowed on!!!! It's coming boys!! Whoo!

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #383 on: Aug 05, 2005, 08:52 AM »
I think I would give my left (thing) to see someone scraping frost from their windshield in the morning :o
      Jim

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #384 on: Aug 05, 2005, 08:57 AM »
Lake George's (NY) water temperature this morning was 80 degrees.   :P  No icefinshing here for a long while.  :'(
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #385 on: Aug 05, 2005, 10:27 AM »
Central Mass. it is going to be in the mid 90's and HUMID
Man I can't wait for ice fishing season this year.....

Offline heymax

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The 38th Wonder of the World!!!!
« Reply #386 on: Aug 05, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Next month the Early Archery season starts here in Maine and That just means that the winds of autumn are soon at hand and then the first frost and oh i can here the ice building up on the edges already. :tipup: :tipup: ;D Max
I was born with nothing........and I still have a little bit of it left.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #387 on: Aug 07, 2005, 09:40 AM »
Last night I had to pull a sheet up over me becayse of the cold air coming in the window's. Look out , here comes the cold weather ::)
         Jim

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #388 on: Aug 07, 2005, 12:49 PM »
In mid july we had like a week straight or so of temps in the mid 100's here in colorado. IT has "cooled" down to mid 90's. I'm lucky though, I'll be ice fishing in less than 4 months in the high country.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline heymax

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The 38th Wonder of the World!!!!
« Reply #389 on: Aug 07, 2005, 09:12 PM »
To beat the heat, I take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with water and take it to a resturant and get them to put it in their deep freeze for a couple of days. Then I get into a speedo bathing suit in my back yard and take my trusty Auger out and I drill a hole into the ice almost to the bottom. Then I scoop the ice shavings out and fill it with beer. Then I get into my Portable Shanty in the 90 degree heat and curse the Summer and pray for snow all the while sucking down the now ice cold beer through a straw. A long extention cord with a small TV and I watch Ice fishing videos at the same time to give it the full effect except for the speedo of course. ;D :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: Long live the Hard Water...Max
I was born with nothing........and I still have a little bit of it left.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.