Author Topic: gotta keep it going  (Read 48977 times)

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
Re: gotta keep it going
« Reply #330 on: Jul 14, 2005, 05:59 AM »
Hi Bean, Don't let Ice Sniper see that pic. or he might try to say the ladel and fish are his ::).
        Jim

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #331 on: Jul 16, 2005, 04:11 PM »
i just wish we all had fish on the ice but we are coming down the home stretch just the rest of this month then the uneventful month of august, then sept is small game hunting, oct. is bow hunting and steelhead fishing, nov. is shotgun season then hopefully the ice gods will smile upon us and give us early ice in mid december :tipup:

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #332 on: Jul 16, 2005, 10:34 PM »
My plans are a little different. Sept is child #2 and last. October is Sharptail grouse and early muzzleloader. November is pheasants. December is Late muzzleloader. Hopefully Ice is Dec 11th so I dont have to choose between the two. But I got a lot of hunting plans in December so I will probably end up doing both sometimes. Hunting and fishing for a 3day weekend makes you glad to go back to work.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #333 on: Jul 17, 2005, 07:34 AM »
well congratulations on your sept. plan, i have 3 myself and they all love ice fishing so i am lucky i have life long fishing buddies :tipup:

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #334 on: Jul 17, 2005, 09:07 AM »
My plans are a little different. Sept is child #2 and last. October is Sharptail grouse and early muzzleloader. November is pheasants. December is Late muzzleloader. Hopefully Ice is Dec 11th so I dont have to choose between the two. But I got a lot of hunting plans in December so I will probably end up doing both sometimes. Hunting and fishing for a 3day weekend makes you glad to go back to work.

congrats on the new child mr.seaguar. i have about the same plans as archbishiop exepct for i dont bow hunt or steelhead fish and i live in vermont so i can hunt with a rifle ;D

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #335 on: Jul 17, 2005, 11:58 AM »
I tried deer hunting with a rifle last year. The season is in November which is when I want to pheasant hunt. I spent money on tags but didnt have any time to devote to it. So I blew it. This year I will do better. I will kill deers when its deer time and  I will shoot pheasants when its pheasant time. Last year was my first time deer hunting in a long time and I had some non-linear waterfowl issues.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #336 on: Jul 17, 2005, 11:59 AM »
well welcome to the great past time of deer hunting :tipup:

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #337 on: Jul 17, 2005, 05:22 PM »
I would try with a rifle in early October but have to be around home for Mom and baby. I got some great plans for next year when I have lots of time, tho.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #338 on: Jul 17, 2005, 05:30 PM »
my 3 kids b-days are 10/13 10/30 & 11/06 (talk about those long january's before i ice fished) that is when you take a week off of work help mom with the baby at night, sleep in a little and then hunt the afternoon or if the baby and mom slept in in the morning i would hunt all morning and be home with then in the afternoon, plus with newborns it usually takes at least a month to get the inlaws out of the house so why not hunt just say honey im gonna give you and your mom some time with the baby and time to talk ;D worked for me anyhow plus my wife loves venison and time away from me so its win win in my home :tipup:

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #339 on: Jul 17, 2005, 07:20 PM »
Your inlaws came over for a whole month? That would not happen here. My wife would kick her own parents out after day 4. They are incredibly annoying. My folks not so bad. Our due date is Sept 12. Probly be born late august. Our first one was born Sprt 24. I went hunting while mother and child were still in the hospital. I figure that if the kid is born August 25 it`ll be 6 weeks before early muzzleloader so by then I can easy skip out. I can take the 4 yr old along. She likes to go with daddy. Get her started young is my plan. She already loves boat fishing and shore fishing. Shes on her way.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #340 on: Jul 18, 2005, 07:02 AM »
I am happy to report that we are at the half way point of summer and the days start to get shorter every day from here on out.   :clap: :thumbsup:
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #341 on: Jul 18, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Your inlaws came over for a whole month? That would not happen here. My wife would kick her own parents out after day 4. They are incredibly annoying. My folks not so bad. Our due date is Sept 12. Probly be born late august. Our first one was born Sprt 24. I went hunting while mother and child were still in the hospital. I figure that if the kid is born August 25 it`ll be 6 weeks before early muzzleloader so by then I can easy skip out. I can take the 4 yr old along. She likes to go with daddy. Get her started young is my plan. She already loves boat fishing and shore fishing. Shes on her way.

longer than a month, my youngest is almost 3 and they still stop over almost everyday, unanounced mind you, but i just use them as an excuse, i tell her im sick of your parents "dropping in" all the time so i am going fishing/hunting so i dont have to deal with them ;D

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #342 on: Jul 18, 2005, 09:53 PM »
I take my father in law hunting. I have him drop me off somewhere and pick me up at the other end. Saves a lot of walking.

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #343 on: Jul 22, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Getting too hot out ?
No posts since Monday ???

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #344 on: Jul 22, 2005, 08:34 PM »
I`m putting myself into a trance like SUperman does. Waiting for fall. Hunting cant get here soon enough. I don`t think Ive been this ready for hunting season in yrs. But its so darn hot. Its easy to stay home and save money cause its too hot to do anything that doesnt involve AC.  Just got to live one day at a time I guess.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #345 on: Jul 22, 2005, 09:10 PM »
I really used to be a summer person.  Now it's just a gap I fill between ice seasons.  In the summer I work too much to really enjoy life.  In winter I get to slow down and smell the roses as I always seem to have more time.  My hayfever kills me in spring and summer.  Just love the fresh sterile air of winter.  Last season I purchased a snowmobile to improve the ice fishing experience.  The result was even more reason to love winter, making summers even less tolerable...

It's funny, I read people's comments in the daily newspaper.  They complain of the frequent rain.  Then in an attempt to be "optimistic" they usuallly end with "At least it's not snowing!!!"  I can only think how deluded and deprived a life these people must live.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #346 on: Jul 22, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Heres why I hate summer. It`s such a headache to launch a boat solo. And my buddies always have to do what their wimmen want. I just tell mine I`m going fishing. So I`m supposed to fish on the schedule of their wimmen, when they are just gonna break up sooner or later anyway. Or launch the boat by myself. To heck with all of it. I did come up with a solution. Hire a guide everytime. Cheaper than owning a boat and odds of success much higher. I dont have to back it in, dont have to drive the boat, just set the hook and reel in. And, I get to fish from nice boats every time.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #347 on: Jul 24, 2005, 05:21 PM »
Hi all, just got back from 10 day's at the beach and man was it hot. As soon as the camper was set up the air was turned on and never shut off till we packed up this morning. I sure did miss checking in here all week. Let's just say the fishing was very good and I'll post some pic.s in the next couple day's(it will be on MFF)
         Jim

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #348 on: Jul 24, 2005, 09:59 PM »
I am checking into catching some eelpout in another state. I think i got a line on the whereabouts of a fishable population. I`ve never caught one.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #349 on: Jul 25, 2005, 11:43 AM »
Good to see you are back Jim.  This heat really sucks right now.  >:(  I hope this winter is just as extreme except on the cold side.  Last week of July already and just 4 more months to go.   :clap:

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #350 on: Jul 25, 2005, 01:14 PM »
Hey check these HOGS out.

From a recent field study in July 2005:

From a 2003 field study:

These really get my heart pounding.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #351 on: Jul 25, 2005, 01:18 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #352 on: Jul 25, 2005, 01:32 PM »
Ha Russ, I hope that field study was done where you getting reservation's at this winter ;D
       Jim

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #353 on: Jul 25, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Hey Icenutter,
Sweet looking fish, I am jealous. The best I can get here in central Mass is just around a foot and they are not all that common where I fish.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #354 on: Jul 25, 2005, 02:01 PM »
They are not.  :-\, but they are alot closer than you think.   ;)  May have to give it a shot this winter. I am having a heck of a time finding a place to stay up on Sodus this winter.  Every web-site that I e-mailed with a cottage has not replied back.   :%$#!: May have to just wing it and find a hotel when we get there.  Would be nice to have a cottage though to cook hot meals.  

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #355 on: Jul 25, 2005, 06:13 PM »
wow look at those slabbos!! :o   :o   :o

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #356 on: Jul 25, 2005, 06:33 PM »
Nice "chicken" crappies!   ;) ;D
Ken                                          

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #357 on: Jul 26, 2005, 05:51 AM »
Ha Bean, I've got some new holes scouted out for late season shiners. Tell your buddy's Moe and Curly to get ready ;D. Also let Moon know I have my name ingraved on everything I own now :whistle:(lol)
      Jim

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #358 on: Jul 26, 2005, 08:33 AM »
Ha Bean, I've got some new holes scouted out for late season shiners. Tell your buddy's Moe and Curly to get ready ;D. Also let Moon know I have my name ingraved on everything I own now :whistle:(lol)
      Jim

I'd still like to do the float we talked about, but the Juni is so darn low right now. Maybe later in the year when this nasty weather goes away. 
That was wise of you to engrave your stuff. You never know when it will walk away. lol. With a little help of course. ;D
Ken                                          

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #359 on: Jul 27, 2005, 06:59 AM »
Russ I think I might take the boat saturday to where the field study was done to see if I can mark some gps spot's ;D. If anyone is wondering, it's hotter than h$ll here :'( in central Pa.
      Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.