Author Topic: gotta keep it going  (Read 48982 times)

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: gotta keep it going
« Reply #300 on: Jul 04, 2005, 02:11 AM »
Snowblowers? Pssssssssst, I hear the steam running out of this thread. I caught a 12" perch on 7/3. I visualized it sliding up the hole. Along with the other fish I caught. I didnt catch a ton. But 3 times as many as my buddy and thats what really counts, right?
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #301 on: Jul 05, 2005, 06:32 AM »
Your right Seaguar, that's the only thing that count's in fishing. Just the same if you and your buddy are hunting and get attacked by a Lion, you don't need to outrun the lion,just be faster than your buddy ;D. I wasn't in my office over the holiday weekend so I got to cross three day's off the calander all at one time. That's getting us closer in a hurry :whistle:
       Jim

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #302 on: Jul 05, 2005, 10:05 AM »
oh man i cant wait we are finally over the fourth of july hump now just labor day and hunting season to go then time to hop back on the ice ;D

lol i have been off for a couple of weeks but when i came back on yesterday i noticed they put a tip-up with the smiley faces over on MFF :tipup:

Offline heymax

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The 38th Wonder of the World!!!!
« Reply #303 on: Jul 05, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Snowblowers? Pssssssssst, I hear the steam running out of this thread. I caught a 12" perch on 7/3. I visualized it sliding up the hole. Along with the other fish I caught. I didnt catch a ton. But 3 times as many as my buddy and thats what really counts, right?

You just don't get it! All my wife asks of me before I go Ice fishing is that the yard needs to be clear of snow. A new snowblower gets the job done a lot quicker and i'm on the Ice that much faster.  ;D ;D :tipup: :tipup: I think the steam is running out on your Perch.  ;D ;D ;DMax
I was born with nothing........and I still have a little bit of it left.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #304 on: Jul 05, 2005, 09:40 PM »
If I let a little thing like marital happiness stand in the way I'd never get out the door alone again.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #305 on: Jul 06, 2005, 07:28 AM »
Nothing to report here other than we got a little bit of some much needed rain last night. This summer time weather is starting to realy annoy me >:(
      Jim

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #306 on: Jul 06, 2005, 08:20 AM »
amen it rained here almost all day yesterday but was still in the 80's and humid as hell, this is getting old but july 4th meens only 5 months till safe ice ;D  :tipup:

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #307 on: Jul 07, 2005, 10:38 AM »
WOOOHOOO, Tomorrow's forcast is to be a high of 72. Man, it starting to cool down now.
      Jim

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #308 on: Jul 07, 2005, 10:53 AM »
yeah but the weekend is looking like a scorcher im just hoping the summer gets tired of itself and gives us early ice this year :tipup:

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #309 on: Jul 08, 2005, 07:24 AM »
I sure wish all this rain we are getting was snow ;D. I guess it is just bringing the water level up before it start's freezing ::)
        Jim

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #310 on: Jul 08, 2005, 07:29 AM »
lol true, its also cooling down the water temps slowly but surely so it can get ready to freeze :tipup:

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #311 on: Jul 08, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Last weekend I fired up the auger and let it run for a few, the sound of the running auger was music to my ears. Only thing that was missing was some safe ice and I would be all set.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #312 on: Jul 08, 2005, 11:23 AM »
i miss the ice too i just put my blades on after getting sharpened and sliced my finger so now my peck style typing is all thrown off lol also i just had a sad moment today, i just took my shanty down from drying in the basement for the past 3 1/2 months yup the wife finally got fed up with having to walk arouind it so she told me to take it down or she would and i took the hint because who knows what shape it would be in if she took it down :tipup:

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #313 on: Jul 08, 2005, 03:14 PM »
Just remembered to check the strike master web site and check on a spare set of blades and see what other goodies they have.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #314 on: Jul 08, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Arch Arch Arch. If she breaks it, you get to buy a new one. The best one her money can buy. If I was you, I`d go put it behind her car. I was talkin bout ice fishing with a buddy at work today. He was studying for an exam last January and never got to fish with me. He says he can`t wait for ice either. My dog chewed up my one man. I had absolutely no emotion. I did laff when I saw him pokin his head around the corner watchin to see if he was dead meat.If he wasnt a pheasant hunting machine he`d be a real headache.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #315 on: Jul 09, 2005, 09:39 AM »
lol i should put it behind her vehicle but she would hit it and hurt her precious car but i am already getting a new one i am giving mine to a friend i got it for free from kappydick so i am going to give it to a friend for free as well it got me through a long year last year and i hope my buddy can get good use out of it i am going to get one of those pop up shantys there light and easy to set up

i envy you on a good dog mine thinks hes a cat while in the woods he trys to climb trees after squirrels

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #316 on: Jul 09, 2005, 05:07 PM »
Ha ha after not being back here for a few months, it feels really good to be back, hello all, and best of luck in the summer season.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #317 on: Jul 10, 2005, 10:17 AM »
100 degrees here today.I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!! Local cenex has a walk in beer cooler,gonna have to go see if i can sit in the corner on my bucket for a couple hours.

stumper

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #318 on: Jul 10, 2005, 11:00 AM »
lets see if you can jig up a few brews in there ;D

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #319 on: Jul 10, 2005, 11:08 PM »
Squirrel dogs are worth a fortune in some areas. If you ever hunt with a good one you know why. They really help you kill more squirrels. Stumper I was in Cabelas in Mitchell Saturday. Got me some new Tshirts and a couple reels. These werent even one display, but another size was. I dug around under the counter until I found what I was after.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #320 on: Jul 11, 2005, 03:55 AM »
well guys its been a year but i am finally back to work so i wont be a post whore anymore but i havnt been up this early since ice fishing and this makes work less desireable bacause for the morning i am gonna think of being on a slab of ice :'(

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #321 on: Jul 11, 2005, 06:55 AM »
Congrat's on the new job Arch. Just think of all the new stuff you'll get to buy this year ;). Just in case any of you reading this were wandering  I WANT ICE !!!!!!!!!
           Jim

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #322 on: Jul 11, 2005, 09:00 AM »
Squirrel dogs are worth a fortune in some areas. If you ever hunt with a good one you know why. They really help you kill more squirrels. Stumper I was in Cabelas in Mitchell Saturday. Got me some new Tshirts and a couple reels. These werent even one display, but another size was. I dug around under the counter until I found what I was after.

Shoulda gave me a shout,I had the day off,kinda,moveing my gf in with me.

stumper

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #323 on: Jul 12, 2005, 06:45 AM »
I never saw a squirrel dog yet that could compete with a 50lb bag of shelled corn :whistle: and you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to let it out ;D
         Jim

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #324 on: Jul 12, 2005, 01:47 PM »
Over the weekend the History Channel had the story on about the truck drivers that drive across the lake in NW Canada. It was nice to see some snow and ice, just wish it was outside and not on the tv.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #325 on: Jul 12, 2005, 11:34 PM »
I caught the last 5 minutes of that program,put butterflies in my belly.

stump

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #326 on: Jul 13, 2005, 09:12 AM »
I had the best dream last night. guess what I caught?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/cjorwig/ice%20fishing/100_0651.jpg[/img]] (ftp://[img)
I sure hope thing's start to freeze up soon, I'm going nut's
    Jim

Offline fishaholic1970

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rocks
« Reply #327 on: Jul 13, 2005, 09:35 AM »
Sweet Pic carpcatcher, that hit the spot. So much to do before it's time to creep again. December will be here before we know it. Just looking at those fish on the ice , makes my blood pump faster. It wont be long now!
Ice Fishin Rock's!

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #328 on: Jul 13, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Sorry about the size of the pic. guy's. I thought it was resized ;D. I guess it takes a big space for all those fish ;) LOL
      Jim

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #329 on: Jul 13, 2005, 01:39 PM »
Hey Jim,
    Are you sure that's your ladle in that picture?  My buddy has one that looks just like it.  ;D
Ken                                          

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.