Author Topic: gotta keep it going  (Read 48995 times)

trapperdirk

Re: gotta keep it going
« Reply #240 on: Jun 19, 2005, 08:27 AM »
Is that a cardboard minnow box?

stump

Yes indeed it is Stumper and were running a special now so get your orders in . ;D

TD

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #241 on: Jun 19, 2005, 12:00 PM »
Now I`ve seen everything. Maybe we should take up a collection for a Frabillizer minnow bucket for Trapper. I got one with the center lid broken out I`ll send him for $80 canuck bucks. Or just for askin nice. Its gettin embarassingly dirty. Works better with the lid broken anyway. First one broke on accident (by careless fishing buddy)but this one I broke on purpose.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

trapperdirk

« Reply #242 on: Jun 19, 2005, 01:01 PM »
Now I`ve seen everything. Maybe we should take up a collection for a Frabillizer minnow bucket for Trapper. I got one with the center lid broken out I`ll send him for $80 canuck bucks. Or just for askin nice. Its gettin embarassingly dirty. Works better with the lid broken anyway. First one broke on accident (by careless fishing buddy)but this one I broke on purpose.

NO,no,no .Please do not send me one please . I don't need anymore extra stuff such as that Mr. Seaguar . As a matter of fact I have an insulated Plano bucket with working lid but that day some friends showed up with minnows in the bag and box so instead of transferring them over to it I just put the bubbler on the box and took it as is, and it worked like a charm . LOL  Thanks for the consideration shown though . Now if you want to take up a collection and send me a new handheld Marcum LXi I would accept . LOL ;) ;D

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #243 on: Jun 19, 2005, 06:33 PM »
just ordered my new vexilar fl-8se  last week.....hope to catch the ups guy before the boss gets it............might be some thin ice for awhile here if i miss him.....lol
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #244 on: Jun 19, 2005, 10:18 PM »
On minnow buckets the darn lids always freeze down on me. And its a son of a buck to get the scoop in and out with a lid on the floating ones. So I like the regular bucket looking ones with the lid broken off. Or a 5gallon pail if nothing else. Pail takes up a lot of room tho. I want a gyroscopic bucket that I can set on uneven ice and not worry about losing the bait. And it needs to be small. Like maybe gallon and a half. O I cant wait for safe ice. to See my minnows swimming away from some fat perch. Fun fun.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #245 on: Jun 20, 2005, 07:02 AM »
I let you guy's alone for a weekend and all you want to do is fight :blink:. What do you guy's think this thread is about anyway's :whistle:. I started this so we could post the summer ice conditions now I am going to half to tell everyone how good my vex unit, my laser auger, and blue ice jigging rods work ;D. I sure hope things cool down quick so I can throw a frozen fish at someone ;D
      Jim

P.S. - If anyone want's to know what the best way to catch fish is just ask :flex:

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I caught you a delicious pike
« Reply #246 on: Jun 20, 2005, 06:20 PM »
haha TD i dont think that auger is going to maime to much with the gaurd on! Ontario ice-auger massacre. Ill get out the Strikemaster..  :D

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

trapperdirk

« Reply #247 on: Jun 20, 2005, 06:38 PM »
LOL lads . Well it seems I may have to put my instructors cap on and show you how to look after your buckets in the cold . LOL . ;D Once that lid is up there is no need to keep locking it down and also keeping the dripping net away from them helps to keep the ice from building up .  Seems your wearing your gloves and mitts to much if you can't feel them reach their breaking point before they do . LOL ;D .
  Congrats to who ever is waiting for their new flasher to arrive and somebody here will enjoy it if your wife sees the UPS guy before you do. LOL ;D
  I hear all my neighbours firing up their lawn mowers this eve so I think I shall go outside and fire up my auger just to jinx their grass growing days and give them the shock that the greenery's days are numbered because shortly we will be over the hump and countdown for ice is on the down hill side . ;D

TD

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #248 on: Jun 20, 2005, 08:24 PM »
What about gravity Trapper? How do i get around that obstacle? The lid just drops shut. So I snap them off. Works much better. Best way i have found to keep them less icy is keeping the shack warmer. I use a ice chip scoop to dip minnows up. Those little nets always froze up on me. O I cant wait for safe ice.

trapperdirk

« Reply #249 on: Jun 20, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Well mine drops down too Mr Seaguar but it doesnt latch on its own without help and for me anyway thats where my plano freezes because water will stick in the latch hole so I don't latch till I'm on way out of there . ;) Now the net I just use a 99 cent special that has a flourescent styrofoam handle which goes right back inside the bucket with the minnows . It will only freeze if the minnows do . ;) I'll dig it out and take  a pic if you want . ;D Oh and I think my bucket and net is better than yours is . LOL ;D The bucket wars here we come . LOL ;D

TD

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #250 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:05 PM »
Keep yer stupid bucket then, eh? I catch more fish on waxies/maggots anyway. Minnows are secondary for my style. How do you think your rods match up to my Thorne Bro rods? Warning, warning, shots fired in the Rod war

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #251 on: Jun 21, 2005, 05:02 AM »
rod war eh?? well then i guess ill claim king of the hill with my st. croixs!!  minnow buckets ill stay out of since trappers box is in better shape  ;D   :P

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #252 on: Jun 21, 2005, 06:09 AM »
I don't care how good of a bucket,rod,or whatever you might have. Without my super duper custom made tip-down rod holder they all will mean nothing(lol) . TD, where can I order one of those plastic liner's for my new cardboard bucket? ;D
       Jim

trapperdirk

« Reply #253 on: Jun 21, 2005, 06:34 AM »
Well I'll just bet yas all right now, that my otter sleigh is tougher than anything you lads got, and my boots will go through deeper slush without my feet getting wet . ;D Yeh and how many minnows has your ice dipper caught Mr. Seaguar . ??? ;D And those liners for a box are unique and special only to Ontario baitshops Carpcatcher so you will have to come up here and get our super duper minnows at same time . ;D

TD

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #254 on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:50 AM »
SWEET, the Fall Preview catalog just came in the mail. Must mean that the Fall is right around the corner.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #255 on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:56 AM »
TD, I'm coming up to Quebec in sept. on a bou hunt so I might swing over into Ontario for some of those liners ::). I hope your right about that otter sled because I just got one at the end of last season on close out. I got the big one cause I needed something big to haul all my wopper fish off the ice ;D(lol).
       Jim

trapperdirk

« Reply #256 on: Jun 21, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Yes Carpcatcher I only got the small otter at the time but wished I would have got one of the big ones now . :-\ If your using your otter of that size just to haul fish off the ice with then you are losing out on what it was intended for which was to haul rigging . That there baby was built solid and sturdy so that we could cram every possible toy in it so that we could go out onto the ice and hold full blown demonstrations on what we own and be the envy of all our icefishing compadres eyes . ;D Fishing ? heck thats not as much fun as gloating over those that don't have all the toys and then hearing  them begging their spouses to buy things that they must absolutely have and seeing their sleighs fill up too . LOL ;D
  Don't forget to put a slider kit on the Otter and a solid hitch because next comes the snowmachine and ATV . ;D

TD

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #257 on: Jun 21, 2005, 02:23 PM »
TD, I already have the Arctic Cat atv but here in this stupid state you cant take an atv on the water :'(
      Jim

trapperdirk

« Reply #258 on: Jun 21, 2005, 05:31 PM »
TD, I already have the Arctic Cat atv but here in this stupid state you cant take an atv on the water :'(
      Jim

Now what kind of state makes a law like that . I had heard where some requred floatation on the bikes but never that you couldn't take them on the ice . WOW . How do you get the big perma shacks out then ?

TD

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #259 on: Jun 21, 2005, 07:13 PM »
There will be landing strips for the winged pigs when St Croix match Thorne Bros rods. Fishing second to showing off? I hope thats a joke.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #260 on: Jun 22, 2005, 06:42 AM »
Permanent shack???,what is a permanent shack. Most of the time we're lucky to have a month with cold enough weather to hold a temporary :'(. It doesn't make any sense at all, boat's with unlimited horse power on the open water but nothing on the ice.Something's just not right!!!!!!!!!!
       Jim
P.S.  If anyone is wandering, we don't have any ice yet

trapperdirk

« Reply #261 on: Jun 22, 2005, 01:37 PM »
Nah I just ran out and checked too Carpcatcher and if there is ice its not very thick, because I got a soaker . Good thing the Otter floats like a boat so my rigging stayed dry and nothing was lost . ;D
   Another vote for OTTERS . ;) ;D

TD

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #262 on: Jun 22, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Just got back from Florida and boy it feels like fall around here compared to the 105 heat index last week in Florida.  All that heat is for the birds.  Now that vacation is over it should be all down hill from here.  5 1/2 months and we will be walking on water.  :clap:
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #263 on: Jun 22, 2005, 07:05 PM »
6 months and hunting will be done and full bore icefishing can begin.

trapperdirk

« Reply #264 on: Jun 23, 2005, 03:17 AM »
OK you lads are dying on me here . :-\ Time for pics and mine is better than yours is  LOL . ;D lets start with the bait bucket  ;D. LOL BEAT THAT BUCKET LOL  ;D

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #265 on: Jun 23, 2005, 07:13 AM »
I bet that sweetheart hold's up good in the late season when there's slush on top.(lol). TD, I hope your happy. Now I'm gonna have to get the camera out tonight and get some good shot's to post. Russ I hope you had a good trip. Did you get a chance to play a round when you were there? I've got three more week's till I hit the salt water for ten day's, then bring on the ice.
        Jim

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #266 on: Jun 23, 2005, 07:59 AM »
Didn't have time to hit the golf course.  :-\     We were too busy at Disney everyday.  I have baseball playoff games this weekend so it may be a while before I see the golf course again.   >:( 

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #267 on: Jun 23, 2005, 07:09 PM »
You went to Disney? you poor man. Luckily I am getting to work on Saturdays so I dont have to figure out what to do with my spare time. Just killing time waiting for fall and winter. And searching for new stuff that I cant catch fish without.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #268 on: Jun 24, 2005, 07:13 AM »
Yes, I went to Disney.  The funny thing about this is that we were supposed to go the week after x-mas last year and I talked my way out of it so it did not interfere with the possibility of early ice.  ;D  My wife just opened a business last Sept, and I told her that there was just too much going on in the business at the time and we need to go to Disney after school is out.  :D  Needless to say I was on the ice December 27th last year so my plan worked, but don't tell her. 

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #269 on: Jun 24, 2005, 08:25 AM »
Good thinking Russ, You would have been about 400 fish less on last year's count if you would have missed that week. I sure hope it's as good this year.
        Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.