Author Topic: gotta keep it going  (Read 48981 times)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: gotta keep it going
« Reply #210 on: Jun 11, 2005, 06:59 AM »
yes these hot muggy days can take their toll on ya . i could fish all day today but im waiting for this afternoon so i dont have to sit in the sun and bake!!

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #211 on: Jun 11, 2005, 10:50 AM »
I went out last evening with the family in our boat for 3 hours. I fished in short's only, no shoe's or shirt. Sure doesn't seem like fishing to me.
       Jim

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #212 on: Jun 11, 2005, 06:34 PM »
You guys are still at it? LOL I just had to check in! Don't get me wrong I can't wait for freeze up but this is funny! Middle of June and iceshanty is still kicking lol. later dudes
KRIS

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline Scott Wright

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine member since 2003
« Reply #213 on: Jun 12, 2005, 08:59 AM »
Just stopped by to say "howdy"...

been fishing trout on the rivers and ponds... went deep sea for cod and haddock.... even went striper fishing yesterday...

but I sure miss ice fishing with the gang... nothing like setting the traps in -10 mornings and jigging in the shack with some good friends and a hot cup of coffee.. then hearing one of your buddies yell... "FLAG!!!"

six more months.....six more months...
Scott Wright

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #214 on: Jun 12, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Been trolling a couple of lakes to see which lake has the best browns.This will decide where my hardside is going.This hot weather sucks.Going out of mind,need some hardwater.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #215 on: Jun 13, 2005, 06:44 AM »
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I onty fell thru three times looking for safe ice, I guess it could have been worse :wacko:
        Jim

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #216 on: Jun 13, 2005, 07:20 AM »
looking for safe ice and falling in is much safer than staying in the sun and heat, man this is bad when you sweat reading the newspaper man 8:17am in 77 degree heat :'( man i cant wait till the leaves start changing so i know im in the home stretch and the majority of the heat is gone :tipup:

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #217 on: Jun 13, 2005, 01:01 PM »
 Archbishop, I can not wait for the leaves to change either. This hot humid sticky weather is not missed during the winter.

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I caught you a delicious pike
« Reply #218 on: Jun 13, 2005, 03:00 PM »
Neither are the deerflies, horseflies, mosquitos,blackflys,sandflys or wasps  >:( :%$#!: went brook trout fishing at 5:00 in the morning and got eaten alive until 10:00, caught a nice 15 incher and a few dinks. the world would be a nice place without insects or humidity!

ARch- hhaa i was reading through the whole thread (Canoe trip to quaker) in MFF and it sucks that you had to miss out dude, sounded like a drunken old time! Damn weddings! ;)

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #219 on: Jun 13, 2005, 03:17 PM »
yeah it sucks because im in like 4 a year and i usually only get to fish on weekends so my saturday is shot and my sunday im seeing little bubbles over my head all day lol another reason i like ice fishing no weddings in the winter and if you think the canoe trip thread is funny you should go check out archbishop and friends in off topic lol we get pretty bored during the day :tipup:

Offline THE Spud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #220 on: Jun 13, 2005, 04:45 PM »
 Jim did you happen to go through at Walker? Hope it wasn't near my favorite tree would'nt want you to break any branches. ;D FRED
Join us on the 2013 Vermont Sportsmen's Tournament Series and The Northeast Icefishing Circuit .

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #221 on: Jun 13, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Got home from work today and Grumpy Old Men was on and just happened to watch during one of the ice fishing scene's. I realy miss ice fishing.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #222 on: Jun 13, 2005, 09:42 PM »
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I onty fell thru three times looking for safe ice, I guess it could have been worse :wacko:
        Jim

yeah you coulda took another step!!  :P

trapperdirk

« Reply #223 on: Jun 13, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Well lads I went on a search today for some icefishing vids to hold us through these hot days . I was thinking of keeping it to myself  for fear that if too many logged on to download at once I may not be able to get to it myself . Well here goes my fellow sufferers of no ice . Scroll down till you see Run & Gun Icefishing and play and then another one called Buffalo Bay Tipups .  ;) ;D Seeing and hearing the auger fire up brought tears of joy to me eyes it did . :'(

http://www.gandermountain.com/about/tvshow.asp#

TD

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #224 on: Jun 14, 2005, 12:28 PM »
That was beautiful Trapper. Now I must go clean my shorts.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #225 on: Jun 14, 2005, 12:33 PM »
Thank's for sharing Dirk, :'(Now I really need a hard water fix. ;D
        Jim

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #226 on: Jun 15, 2005, 08:54 AM »
Hi Guy's, just another hot and sticky day to cross off the calander
         Jim

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #227 on: Jun 15, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Temps in the Northeast have dropped like a rock.  Hard water can't be far behind!  ;)

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #228 on: Jun 15, 2005, 11:26 AM »
We still have to trudge thru July, Aug, Sept and Oct. That is not that far.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #229 on: Jun 16, 2005, 06:29 AM »
Mongo, the nice thing about trudging thru the summer month's is there isn't 2 feet of snow to get there. That should make it a little faster. ;D
        Jim

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #230 on: Jun 16, 2005, 06:51 AM »
This cold front must be taking its toll on me, last night I dreamed I caught a 14lb walleye thru the ice! I must say one of the best dreams I have ever had. The sad part was after I woke up and realized it was all a dream...lol

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #231 on: Jun 16, 2005, 12:40 PM »
Scott, don't think of it as a sad ending dream, think of it as seeing into the future ;). Glad to see you do post some things
        Jim

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #232 on: Jun 18, 2005, 02:47 AM »
This cold front must be taking its toll on me, last night I dreamed I caught a 14lb walleye thru the ice! I must say one of the best dreams I have ever had. The sad part was after I woke up and realized it was all a dream...lol

-Scott
I had a similar dream but I caught a 14.5 lbs eye!  :flex: :roflmao:

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #233 on: Jun 18, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Did I tell you guys that I cant wait to go icefishing????? :tipup:

trapperdirk

« Reply #234 on: Jun 18, 2005, 05:05 PM »
Well this is getting bad . :-\ I have managed to read everything about everything on icefishing rigging on this site and am now reading other sites too  and it's just making me crazier and longing for ice even more and yes even the dreams are occurring . :-\
  I also think that all the manufacturers should be forced to show us all the new products now so that some of us who wish to beat the mad rush can make our purchases now . Ok, thats it, I'm taking an ice rod with me every time out for the rest of the open water season to to appease the ICE GODDESS and maybe she will reciprocate with early ice . ;D
   Heck I'm even studying up on products I don't use just to prepare myself and keep in shape for the auger and sonar wars this winter . ;D .

TD

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #235 on: Jun 18, 2005, 10:29 PM »

Heck I'm even studying up on products I don't use just to prepare myself and keep in shape for the auger and sonar wars this winter . ;D .

TD

why wait?   jiffy's are heavy and weak and they cut slow    :D 

ESKIMO ROCKS

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #236 on: Jun 18, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Its only June so dont pick on my Jiffy. The original auger of icefishermen!!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #237 on: Jun 18, 2005, 11:49 PM »
Lets leave auger bashing out of this forum. The best augers are the ones that start and stay sharp. If we start bashing augers then we got to bash everything else. There should be in our little box next to our names some place to list your shack, auger and rod makers. Guys who dont use shacks can just put pn. For pneumonia. I know you guys are just joshing each other. If we could list what we use we would easily tell who to ignore because they use stuff like Eskimo augers, and they don`t eat perch, and they live in Maine. Everybody knows the only thing good to come out of Maine is Shawshank Redemption and a few interstates.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

trapperdirk

« Reply #238 on: Jun 19, 2005, 04:28 AM »
LOL lads . Yes we must stay fit to take on all comers and my 3 hp 10 inch Jiffy keeps my arms that way so I can shovel all the B.S. out the door . LOL . The Marcum LX-3 marks their skinny arses as they move in and my southbend stick used in combination with a shimano reel sets the hook and the Otter sled in conjunction with my John Deere snowmachine hauls them off the ice before it gets contaminated too bad . ;D LMAO

TD

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #239 on: Jun 19, 2005, 08:14 AM »
Is that a cardboard minnow box?

stump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.