Author Topic: Stockade this weekend  (Read 623 times)

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Stockade this weekend
« on: Jan 16, 2013, 05:34 PM »
I'm thinking about take my girls out fishing Saturday since its going to be nice.  Can anyone point me towards the pan fish bite?  It will  be there first trip out this season and my first time to stockade this year.

Thanks

Offline Eye Wizzard

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Stockade this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2013, 05:56 PM »
The west bay was good earlier this year. I haven't been over for a few weeks

Offline livetogofish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2013, 07:56 PM »
hey im going to be up there this weekend too i fished it last weekend and i fished all over but i had the best luck by the dam if you are by the island looking at the dam go to ur right and fish about 15 yards out from shore only about 7 fow but every time i dropped my jig down i got a fish lots of fun and not bad size ether i suggest using a tungsten jig yellow or orange tipped with red spikes ill be up there on sat all day red jacket black rain pants camo scheels cap and a cabelas pop up shelter if anyone wants to stop by and say hi  :)
-jacob
jiffy one armed bandit, strike master hand auger, red jacket, black rain pants, cabelas pop up ice house, rooster bait shop cap stop by and say hi :)
-jacob

Offline cadreau87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2013, 08:14 PM »
Everytime I have been there the only luck I have had was in tbe shallows. 4-6fow

Offline Eye Wizzard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2013, 08:31 PM »
We caught most of our fish in 7-13 fow. Tungsten jig and finesse plastic

Offline BlackHillsIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2013, 10:25 PM »
It's been 2 wks most recently, but I usually have good luck off the west shore at Stockade.  Every depth seems to work for perch.  I had better luck with perch at Bismark this year but both are "can't miss" lakes.  I think we are going to Legion on Saturday.  I hit Roubaix yest for 3 hrs and got skunked-saw a bunch but few bites and nothing on the ice.  If you hit HWY 79 I recommend the pasties and mac n cheese bites at the Hermosa gas 'n food on your way from RC to Legion/Stockade/Bismark/Center.

Scott

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.