The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Gull?  (Read 12732 times)

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Gull?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:20 PM »
How'd you do out there today?
Just one bite took the kids out for a while.
Rippin lips one at a time.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 21, 2013, 12:25 AM »
Got around 200 smelt tonight.  Ice was about 2.5 - 3 inches where everyone was fishing.  I saw you were set up on the camera and was going to stop and say hi Stabbin but you left before I got there.

Offline tip ups

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never enough!!
« Reply #62 on: Jan 21, 2013, 08:15 AM »
There's about 4 threads in this forum talking about gull
             Still looken  for that beer RD..    hope ur lines are tighter then mine.. :thumbsup: :icefish:                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Maken time to dip your line. Flag up!!

Offline RodBreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a RodBreaker!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 21, 2013, 01:49 PM »
I was out there Sunday morning. I pulled 2 gills out and 0 flags for me. 9 inch gill and an 8 inch though. I was there and had 1 beer I was waitin for you. Couldn't drink a drop until later that night haha had a rough Friday night.
"Never trust a man who doesn't hunt or fish."

Teddy Roosevelt

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 21, 2013, 06:18 PM »
 :icefish: :icefish:
Rippin lips one at a time.

Offline Smeltman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:12 AM »
We were out there Sunday night. Didn't do as well as Hermin but put over 100 on the ice. Little nerves with that little of ice and 2 big guys in small area  :o  ;D. Don't think we have to worry about that this weekend ;D ;D ;D. How much snow did Gull get?  Snowing pretty good when we left.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:15 AM »
My final count was 180 combined with my brother.  I had the blue killzone tent with the green light outside it.

Offline Reel-Bonus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:25 AM »
Can you guy's give me a heads-up on where a guy can park and get access to the bay areas of the lake?  We usually go from the boat launch on the North end of the lake but I doubt that is going to be an option Friday night.

Thanks,

-RB

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:26 AM »
The bayview market lets you park in their spots across the street from the store and over by the marina.

Offline Reel-Bonus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:34 AM »
Thanks Hermin,

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The second mouse gets the cheeze!!!!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:43 AM »
I'm hope'n to get into them smelt again this weekend. I'll have light this time and back up mantels, you'll know me, I'll be the tallest mug on the ice wear'n the tattered red flannel and black bibs.

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Just ordered the 24" LED Aqua light from www.fishinglightsetc.c om I am pumped.

Offline stevenmang85

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bluegill?
« Reply #72 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:58 AM »
Just checked main lake ice.... The wind did a number on it... Refroze chunked ice 4 inches roughly about 150 yards out near the conference..parents house is halfway inbetween the bay and conference..... Where that ice stops and new ice begins there's patches of the 4 inch and patches of 1 inch.. lol.. so I stopped there.... Bet the new ice is a little thicker.   If anyone drives by the north end and has time to stop n check I'd be interested in seein how thick the new ice actually is.... Thanks in advance to anyone that has the time....
gilliams and smeltzillas

Offline stevenmang85

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bluegill?
« Reply #73 on: Jan 22, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Awesome sweetdad... I was plannin on grabbin one of those but money got a little tight.... I'll be ordering one soon ...
gilliams and smeltzillas

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 22, 2013, 12:33 PM »
$$$$$$ Mine to stevenmang, but what the wife dont know wont hurt her......... I really have been wanting a good light for awhile and after last weekends feasco I wasnt going another trip without one.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 22, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Wow and I thought my little one was bright!  I will be looking for you on the ice!  I have a blue hub style strike master shanty with a green light feel free to stop in and say hello if you are out smelting!

Offline IceMan1985

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Jan 22, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Might be heading out Sat night to try and grab some smelt. All depends on the ice which I assume/hope will be more than ok come then!!

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 22, 2013, 01:45 PM »
Wow and I thought my little one was bright!  I will be looking for you on the ice!  I have a blue hub style strike master shanty with a green light feel free to stop in and say hello if you are out smelting!
Were you out there last saturday. I seen a blue hubstyle strikemaster set up about darkish

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:23 PM »
Hey it was good to finally meet ya,even if was just for a minute! As for the ice on the north end: The boat launch has about 1" of ice at the shore.I checked it in 3 different spots in the park.The open area that was in front of the beach is now frozen,BUT, it was OPEN 2 days ago.It looks as if most if not all of the lake is iced now,it was hard to see due to white out conditions.Baseline rd. has about 2" of crappy ice.I went out about 15' from shore & it held me ,but only wearing my work shoes,I didnt want to get wet feet ! Guys are fishing 2nd. bay,but I dont know if they walked in from southbay or parked at the salon.As for the north end,my sons & me will try to check it daily now.We have season passes so its easy to do. F
Just checked main lake ice.... The wind did a number on it... Refroze chunked ice 4 inches roughly about 150 yards out near the conference..parents house is halfway inbetween the bay and conference..... Where that ice stops and new ice begins there's patches of the 4 inch and patches of 1 inch.. lol.. so I stopped there.... Bet the new ice is a little thicker.   If anyone drives by the north end and has time to stop n check I'd be interested in seein how thick the new ice actually is.... Thanks in advance to anyone that has the time....
or those of you wanting to fish the north end,the cost is $5.00 per vehicle & $7.00 w/ a trailer.Season pass is $75.00.
The deli accross the street & Koligs corner up the road ,to the west 1/4 mile has great pizzas & adult beverages.I dont know if the north end will be safely fishable by the weekend,but I will keep ya posted.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:33 PM »
I can run a printing press thats longer than most peoples house,But I still have trouble trying to use a stupid little computer to post stuff on here,go figure !
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline oboy110

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Jan 22, 2013, 04:05 PM »
how much snow, if any is on the ice?

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #81 on: Jan 22, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Whoes that set up in front of them cam?

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Jan 22, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Appeared to be 1-2" of snow. Hopefully the snow that we are getting,wont ruin whats there.Like I said ,the ice at Baseline rd. was crappy.The ice at Ross twp. park was new ice. Lots of wet spots showing through the snow cover.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:32 PM »
I did not set my shanty up out there until Sunday night.  I might be out tomorrow night.

Offline paperfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:58 PM »
Hey guys im new to smeltin and got a light today and tried it tonight but when i turned it on my vexilar went nuts and couldnt get it to stop? Any help would b great. Did i hav it to close? How far away do u use it? Thanks

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Jan 22, 2013, 09:06 PM »
Depends how big your light is and how far you have it down I guess.  I have a small light that I put right under the ice and I have never noticed an issue with my vex.  You werent getting interference from another vex?  It might have been the smelt ;)

Offline paperfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 22, 2013, 09:14 PM »
When i turned on my light the vex went solid red and green then i turned ut off and vex was fine. It just a liitle light

Offline Smeltman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:09 AM »
If you put the vex in same hole as light then that might be problem. I usually put light couple feet away from vex and where I fish. Or like Hermin said it might be smelt ;D.

Offline Reel-Bonus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:57 AM »
If your light is something other than an incandescent i.e a fluorescent or LED with an oscillator circuit you may be getting RF interference.   Like others have said move the light away from you Vex, if this does not work you might have to run off a separate battery as well.

-RB

Offline paperfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 23, 2013, 11:56 AM »
It is a floresant and i had it about 2 ft from my vex . Frustratin. Thanks for the info guys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.