Author Topic: What are some of your favorite gadgets, tools, or just things you find useful?  (Read 2804 times)

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pull 20ft of line off ur tipup..wrap a rubber band around it spool the rest of the line back on when a running fish makes it 20ft the rubber band will catch and snap setting the hook and letting the fish keep swimming

Isnt that illegal in some places?

Offline allcaughtup

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nothing illegal about how you set a hook...lol

Offline ci2019

• Team IceShanty Regular
Food coloring.  I use it to mark where I want the holes in the shanty.  Setup the shanty where I want it, go inside and place a tiny drop where I want the holes, move the shanty and drill.  Cleanup mess and place the shanty back over the holes.

Offline fishslayer32

• IceShanty Rookie
Gulp Yellow honey worms!
Honda, walleye, perch, jiffy, can't beat me!, the best, Frabill, frozen water, fish fry, pike, bass, tip up, Vexilar, Clam, John Deere, Eskimo, Aqua Vu, Mr. Heater, Monster Energy, steak.

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
headlamp for many uses

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
Flash light, lighter, extra mantle for lantern, can opener and "eye hole" puncher for the jig eyes.  Just some small items that really come in handy, but with out them you're bummin'.

I like the food coloring idea for the hole marking...around here we just take a well aimed leak from the morning coffee.  ;D ;D ;D
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline fishslayer32

• IceShanty Rookie
Cell phone in case something would happen but don't drop it down the hole.
Honda, walleye, perch, jiffy, can't beat me!, the best, Frabill, frozen water, fish fry, pike, bass, tip up, Vexilar, Clam, John Deere, Eskimo, Aqua Vu, Mr. Heater, Monster Energy, steak.

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
cameras are always good as well.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
My two favorite things on the ice are my gas auger since I started with a spud bar and worked my way up to it, and my Showdown Dual Beam.  Since I got the Showdown and can see what's going on down below I'm like a little kid on Christmas, I never get tired of seeing the fish on it and rising up to my jig.

Offline IceFishinJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Alcoholic
+1 You just never know now adays

Smith&Wesson 357 magnum just incase someone tries to take my vex.

Offline bigbuckmiddaugh

• Team IceShanty Regular
i would say my number one....nail clippers too clip line mono or braided (dull ones suck butt on braided)  Get a new .89 pair everyyear

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
Bud light!!!

Offline fishslayer32

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing licences is another one!

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
i would say my number one....nail clippers too clip line mono or braided (dull ones suck butt on braided)  Get a new .89 pair everyyear
x2...gotta have the nail clippers.
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline Mikefix

• IceShanty Rookie
What about a electric water pump In your ice hut and a youtube video on how it works

http://youtu.be/GXNdNFOmIVY

Offline redneckrance

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Damn the Man
I would not call them must have, but "like to have"; Binoculars. I first started carrying them so I could see if I had a frag if I was jigging to far away... Now I stay closer, but love to have them for the wildlife, so I can wave to game warden when he is looking at me with his, see what  and how big my buddies fish really is, take a look at who is looking in my vehicle and any thing else that might be interesting...
Thats funny stuff!

Offline jigginlakers

• IceShanty Rookie
Yea binoculars are a must have in my sled.

I watched a guy slam a pressure ridge on a snowmobile doing at least 80mph last winter from about 1/2 mile away. Was just about to head over when he finally got up off the ice and started picking up the pieces.

I knew he was gonna hit it, but there's not much I coulda done from the other side of the lake.

Offline redneckrance

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Damn the Man
I got some sweet clip on fly foam things that I clip onto my jacket to put extra lures and hooks on. I got them at a fly shop.

Offline slamer58

• Team IceShanty Regular
screws on the bottom of my boots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.