Author Topic: Youth Ice Fishing Day at Horsethief 2013  (Read 595 times)

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
Youth Ice Fishing Day at Horsethief 2013
« on: Jan 14, 2013, 09:44 AM »
The 4th annual Youth Ice Fishing Day at Horsethief was another big success. It was -18 when we showed up at 8am. Once the sun was out it quickly warmed up and with no wind it was pretty nice. We estimate over 300 folks attended and the Cabela's crew cleaned well over 300 fish. (those guys worked their tails off)
Lot's of kids caught their first fish ever at this event. I'd like to thank shanty members; Woodland, Gillis11, and Bullfish for volunteering to help drill holes and give fishing expertise. The volunteers make this event what it is. Thanks again guys.
If you want to see all the pics go to:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.372426156186183.85130.221120101316790&type=1

Be sure to attend the Cascade Ice Derby! We have some great raffle items that benefit the Youth Ice Fishing Day.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
Re: Youth Ice Fishing Day at Horsethief 2013
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2013, 08:57 PM »
Very nice pics! A hearty thanks to all of you from the shanty that helped make this a great day for the kids. Unfortunately, for the last two years my work schedule has me working on the day of the event. Hopefully, it will be different next year. I'd love to be helping with these kinds of events.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.