Author Topic: Cabelas Auger Cover  (Read 780 times)

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Cabelas Auger Cover
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2013, 05:07 PM »
I was going to look into it for mine. Wonder if inside auger portion has pvc tube in it.
Fishin red lines

Offline jayfk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2013, 05:38 PM »
I got this cover last year and it has a thin plastic liner covering the auger shaft area. It serves its purpose and have been happy with it. The material also seems to be thicker and durable.

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waitin for the freeze!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2013, 05:49 PM »
I haven't seen anything cheaper and it covers the motor unlike most of them.

Offline NoMe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2013, 08:46 PM »
Yea I have one and used it from time to time last season, but I found it cumbersome putting the auger in taking it out of the case while fishing. But yea where the flighting is there is some reinforced plastic sewn or glued into the material, probably about 1/16". The plastic on mine cracked but held together and it will definitely help protect the auger in transport. Has a little pouch with zipper for tool storage about 4"X 4".  Personally I would use it in the back of a pick-up where harsh weather may ice over your equipment, but I don't use it in the jet sled anymore... it takes up a lot of space. Also great for summer storage. I got mine free during a promo, but for the price it is a good cover. Material, zippers, and carrying handles are very durable. I have the Pro 4-10" auger that weighs 43lbs.

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:30 PM »
Thanks for the post I was thinking of getting one of these and now know i will be.  ;)
Fishin red lines

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2013, 10:04 PM »
I'm on my third one.
I use them for my 3hp 10 1/4" Strikemaster Cobra and it does a great job of protecting it.
I drag it around in my flipover behind the snowmobile for hundreds of miles and it keeps it and my augering related gear safe and protects it from snow.

The new one is the best one yet (I just bought it last month).
The first was just a tad short for my auger and wouldn't close completely.
The second was shorter still and had zipper issues.
This one is good and long and the zipper seems to be more robust.

They are great for storing your auger in the off season as well.  ;)

They are even better when purchased on sale!!!
All 3 of mine have been on sale when I bought them for $29.99  :D

Offline jeffmonument

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2013, 08:52 PM »
i have the older one, about 5 yrs old.  Love it! It is for my StrikeMaster Mag 2000 10"

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2013, 08:18 PM »
I got one this year and like it. Even though I always saw it and thought, why would I need that I found myself covering the auger head with a trashbag while traveling with it in the SUV to prevent gas fumes lingering inside. Also have seen my auger get tossed around a bit in the backs of friends pickups and with this bag, might be a little piece of mind both for the auger and some of the other stuff prone to breaking like rods.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.