The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: What does the Honda powerhead weigh?  (Read 578 times)

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
What does the Honda powerhead weigh?
« on: Jan 12, 2013, 07:19 AM »
Just wondering what the new SM Honda weighs without the drill, I'm guessing 15lbs.  Anybody put one on a scale?

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What does the Honda powerhead weigh?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2013, 07:19 AM »
Somebody must have weighed this thing...

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:29 AM »
Well I don't imagine everybody gets out the tools and dismantles their new toys just to weigh separate pieces.   The website says it weighs 23 lbs complete.  Now go take your auger apart and only weigh the flute(drill part), subtract that weight from the 23lbs ad you should be reasonably close.

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2013, 04:06 PM »
If I had an auger with the same drill that's what I would do...I was curious because my back is really toast and I really need a lighter drill setup to try to be able to fish for a couple more years. I probably would not use the drill that came with if I could adapt a lighter one.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2013, 06:56 PM »
Well I just shuffled out to the garage, I have an old Jiffy 30, 8",  the flute alone weighs 10lb 14oz.  The motor alone is 24lb.  Now I imagine some of the newer ones use a thinner gauge on the flutes,  I'll just guess and say 8 - 9lbs or less maybe.  Therefore I'm thinking you're probably pretty close with the 15lb estimate for the Honda powerhead.  I know your issue with the back,  I've got a couple of squashed disks, no fun at the best of times.  Cheers.

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2013, 07:09 PM »
nils tanaka head with 4" lazer synthetic auger. 17 lbs. all up and full tank of gas.  thats an 8 pack of coors more weight on the honda.  i used to do the power drill thing, that weighed  more with the extra batteries.  with the stock 8" nils auger it was 20 lbs. empty tank.  my back thanks me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.