Author Topic: Who was drilling holes at 3 rivers?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline tnrandy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On!
Who was drilling holes at 3 rivers?
« on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Passing by on I-65 yesterday eve I saw a dozen or so holes drilled out by the west power tower. Just wondering how the ice was holding up? I expect who ever it was walked around the trail and came in from the south end and didn't walk across from the parking lot.

Offline cant wait for ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Who was drilling holes at 3 rivers?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:01 PM »
Last two mornings someone has been out there...and that lake just locked up last week! Must be a small guy!

Offline Jeffro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:36 PM »
I saw 1 lantern out there yesterday and 3 this evening. Not sure who it was though...
God Bless the USA and all those who serve in her Armed Forces...

Offline fishingfreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2013, 11:14 PM »
I drilled all the holes going across the middle of the lake.  I drilled a hole about every 15 yards and stuck my hand in every hole  to measure the ice as i went across the lake.  It was about 3 1/2 inches all the way across.  we had a fishing tournament monday  I dont know how much ice melted today i did see people out there on my way home at 6 pm

Offline tnrandy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2013, 06:36 AM »
Thank you for the update. I hope it does not lose much after this inconveniencing warm spell. The week of Jan 20th the past two years has produced some nice slab crappies and I have my fingers crossed that it will be safe by then. If you can get out on the big lake by boat do it. Browns at the discharges and lots of perch around.

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Thank you for the update. I hope it does not lose much after this inconveniencing warm spell. The week of Jan 20th the past two years has produced some nice slab crappies and I have my fingers crossed that it will be safe by then. If you can get out on the big lake by boat do it. Browns at the discharges and lots of perch around.

With this mild weather coming through I've pulled some nice 12-13" jumbos out near the GL area! Only boat out there that day and the perch fishing was just as rapid as a few weeks ago! 3rivers should be pretty safe I would think by early to the middle of next week.

Offline minnowkeith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2013, 09:44 AM »
PB stay off my perch spot.
BGB
Leave nothing behind but your footprints

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.