Author Topic: Something about Delta  (Read 2134 times)

Offline icebraker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont catch today? There is alway's tommorow!!
Something about Delta
« on: Mar 22, 2005, 06:48 PM »

We are coming to the end of another good hardwater season. Overall Delta has bin good to us this year we have caught a good share of perch, tulebee and burbot. Here are some pictures of Jumbo Master and I from this season.

Recent report:On sunday we caught 16 burbot and a good pile of tulebee between 4 of us, no perch, we only walked 5 min. from the dam. Looks like there is a huge amount of burbot coming in closer to shore and all the perch must be moving way out. It will be hard to tell if there will still be some good perch action within walking distance. Next week I will have to see if the myth about the walleye coming in is true or not, because that sounds to me like a fairy tale.

Here are some pics:

One picture is missing and it is the one of the big walleye I am going to catch. :o :P ;D
<'(()))<

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: Something about Delta
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Totally awesome pictures. Man those are some nice burbot. Good eaters. Hey the story of the walleye's is true. A few years back I saw a 12 lb walleye along with a 40 inch pike pulled by the dam. Good luck man.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline icebraker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2005, 06:59 PM »
Thanks big walleye,

The burbot are really good eating. I hope that I can get some nice keeper walleye at the dam, I dont want any masters a few 18" ers would be nice just perfect for eating  :P :P :P yummy.
<'(()))<

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2005, 07:39 PM »
yawwwwwsaaaaa!!!....what a fine mess of burbot guys!!!...ymmmmmmmmm....all that garlic butter running around in my taste buds is making me hungry.....trophy walleye you say....well......i just might take a few extra days of holidays that i wasn't planning on...er...sort of....Mountainmama and I are a coming....watch out.... ;D ;D

Offline Jumbo Master

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Its not a passion, its an obsession!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Wow, Icebraker as i look back upon the past year of hardwater, it brings to mind how well we did this year in all categories and the season is not even over yet ;D ;D
There is still time to hook into some eyes!!!! :thumbsup:   It has been a joy fishing with u man and i am looking forward to meeting more of the Ice Shanty members in the next few seasons. I love latching on to those nice heavy burbot, man is that a ball,especially when you can catch them like perch!!! ;D :D :thumbsup: It has been a great year and hopefully even better this week once i catch a monster walleye!!! ;)
   Tightlines Guys!!!!!

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Guy's try a tip up rigged with a pickerel rig. Large salted minnows. That was the key for the big walleye along with the pike a few years back. Heck try anything. ;D ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline joe10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • help! he is bringn me down!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Those are some pretty nice pictures man. ;D ;D 8)
POUND EM

Offline icebraker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2005, 05:24 PM »
I will try anything until I catch a monster, big walleye!! ;D
<'(()))<

Offline joe10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • help! he is bringn me down!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2005, 04:56 PM »
That big walleye your going for has your name on it buddy. ;D ;D ;D
POUND EM

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2005, 05:11 PM »
Nice pics you got there ya your right there is somthing about the delta.I think it's just one of the best places to fish in Manitoba. :D :D ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.