Author Topic: Sunday afternoon on Lake Dauphin!  (Read 1208 times)

Rock Bottom

Sunday afternoon on Lake Dauphin!
« on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:26 AM »
I decided after such a busy couple days it was time to have a day off. Myself and the kids went out to the lake to try and catch supper. It was a slow start to the day while we tried to find out where they were, in one spot we had all our lines set up and one rod went down like I have never seen before, The tip was almost in the water on my medium action rod which is a fast tip (stiff) but there was no line coming out the fish was just sitting there holding the hook in its mouth and holding the tip right down I was unsure what to make of it so I grabbed the rod pulled a little and could feel something on the other end, and then it started to take line so I set the hook and the fish took off like a rocket peeling line and SNAP! bit off. :'(
I do believe this was one of the Lake Dauphin monster pike we all hear about, Oh well there is my traditional big one that got away story but here are some pics of some that did not.

Here are some sad eyes looking in from the outside, You can see Grump, Reelmaster and his girlfriend (Lucky guy)..

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sunday afternoon on Lake Dauphin!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:42 AM »
Man too bad you didn't land the monster they way it bit does seem strange.Some nice eaters there bud man the fish are tasty out of that lake 8) 8) 8)

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:31 PM »
Sounds like a well-deserved break  :D  I have to agree with the tasty nature...only one experience though, so I'll have to go back to make sure it's always that good.  Nice shots...good to get the kids out.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Nice pics RB. Notice the good looking guy standing behind that speaker. I wonder who that is. ::) ::) ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2005, 09:02 PM »
I'm with BW nice pics also nice perch there looks like a jumbo. :o :o
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.