Author Topic: Morning Summit Trip  (Read 624 times)

Offline Doug75

• IceShanty Rookie
Morning Summit Trip
« on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:30 AM »
Took a trip to Summit this morning and man did it feel good to be out on the water!  ;D Arrived around daybreak and there were 6-8 trucks at beaver creek. I went on down to the levee and left around 10:00. Had 3.5-4" of ice.  caught a small bluegill and 2, 9-10" perch. First year with a flasher and my new marcum vx-1 worked great. Will never go without one now. It just felt great to be out on the ice. Plan on spending more time there tomorrow and Sunday. I hope the winds don't tear too much up. Drove into the park yesterday evening and not much ice on the lake at all. Still some open water. Did not check the rest of the lake today. Good luck to all!

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Morning Summit Trip
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:40 AM »
Doug - hope to see you there tomorrow. At least that is my plan.  I am sure we will not be alone.

Offline Doug75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:44 AM »
Man I have the fever bad. I hate the look of the forecast. There were 3 to 1 at BC yeserday and this morning compared to on down the road. Is the bite back at BC really that good? Just haven't fished the are much and would like any input.

Offline GIBBS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:35 PM »
Beaver creek has a few things goin for it other than its the first place in thirty miles or so with workable ice. There is standing timber,lots of weeds,a tiny bit of current in the ditch its named after and hordes of nice bluegills.Early ice brings a(shock and awe) assault on those pannies, it produces a ton of them year after year. After about two weeks of the constant bombing it becomes a swiss cheese ghost town, leaving only the fish of the challenged side things to defend its perimeters. Every season  there are a few nice predater type fish caught in there while trying to get a meal through the minefield. In summary its a good place to hone your skills,learn from some of the oldtimers that hang around, take your wife and kids fishin out of the wind on some reliable ice or hold an old fashioned tent rivival. Hope this helps Gibbs.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:44 PM »
Beaver creek has a few things goin for it other than its the first place in thirty miles or so with workable ice. There is standing timber,lots of weeds,a tiny bit of current in the ditch its named after and hordes of nice bluegills.Early ice brings a(shock and awe) assault on those pannies, it produces a ton of them year after year. After about two weeks of the constant bombing it becomes a swiss cheese ghost town, leaving only the fish of the challenged side things to defend its perimeters. Every season  there are a few nice predater type fish caught in there while trying to get a meal through the minefield. In summary its a good place to hone your skills,learn from some of the oldtimers that hang around, take your wife and kids fishin out of the wind on some reliable ice or hold an old fashioned tent rivival. Hope this helps Gibbs.

Well put Gibby,cya in the morning dude...........

Offline GIBBS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:50 PM »
It's on like DONKEY KONG! I'm thinkin a 27"er for b-day is in order my friend!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.