Author Topic: Clam jig box  (Read 585 times)

Offline Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam jig box
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:57 PM »
I recently purchased the medium size clam jig box ad have it loaded up pretty good and some if the "bigger" jigs spread out the slots on the foam strips and end up bending the strip in an arch kind of and opening up the slot and the jigs fall out and make a mess. Has anyone else had this issue. I noticed that one side it has the foam all the way around and the other it had strips and the strip side is the only one giving me problems

Offline Prchfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clam jig box
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2013, 12:56 AM »
Never had that issue, I have two of the large boxes, one is filled with walleye spoons and I can shake it all I want and the lures will not budge.

Offline Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2013, 02:01 AM »
Yeah I don't know why it does that. I might just have to put a little super glue on it so it hold better

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:47 AM »
Never heard of that happening. I switched all my tackle over to Clam boxes this year. Best box on the market. Try giving them a call to see what they say. They have great customer service.
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2013, 10:38 AM »
Yea, I had that problem as well.  Just had to re-organize a bit and keep stuff with big hooks away from the edge, it also helps if you leave an empty slot between jigs.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline Nutsicles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't sleep, ice season is too short!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2013, 10:47 AM »
Yea, I had that problem as well.  Just had to re-organize a bit and keep stuff with big hooks away from the edge, it also helps if you leave an empty slot between jigs.

Yeah, you don't want wedge every bait you can in every slot. I keep my bigger jigs on one side with two slots between each jig, small ones in the other side, with one slot between each jig. This also helps when taking baits out, and putting them back in. Unless you have tiny fingers, it's hard to pull out one jig if you fill every single slot.

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2013, 10:57 AM »
I have two of them and haven't had a problem with them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.