Author Topic: Autrain Lake  (Read 764 times)

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
Autrain Lake
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:01 PM »
Going to be out on Autrain Lake tomorrow all day tomorrow. Not real familiar with this lake during hardwater and only been on it once or twice during the summer. A buddy who works in Munising wants to try it out. Got lake maps, but if anyone has any advice I am more than open to it. The game plan right now is to post up in about 10-20ft of water in one of the bays or along the point with the drop off on the south side. Then jig a bit closer to shore for perch. If anyone on here is out there tomorrow give me a shout.

Offline referee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Autrain Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:42 PM »
Thinking of trying there Saturday near the road for perch.......

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2013, 09:35 PM »
Going to be fishing in Republic area on Saturday. But I will let you know how I do tomorrow.

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:21 PM »
Au train Went really well, nice perch fishing and a couple pike. Ended up not going to Republic. Instead we went and camped out at Greenwood last night and fished today. Slow fishing, 2 pike and 1 eye. One of these years I will figure out a good spot on Greenwood haha.

Offline millcm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:34 AM »
How is the ice condition on Au train?

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2013, 10:48 AM »
I went to the point on the west of the launch. Some of the locals were watching me out there and I didn't know why until I got just past the point. It went from about 6in to 2.5 real quick. It was mostly clear ice and I fished the edge of that most the day but once it started warming up from the sun it began to send huge cracks across so I got out of there into shallower water. But from the launch on out the ice was just fine. I saw a couple guys on the deep holes by the road too so it must be ok over there as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.