Author Topic: True or False  (Read 1709 times)

Offline bquick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: True or False
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:20 PM »
I enjoyed my first 28 years in FL, Bquick. Left a few old(now) wives there, too.    :woot:

And, as you say, these things have been observed by many, back when we lived closer to the earth.    ;)2

We are in the process of getting ourselves back to the old ways.  Going to be selling the house this year and finding a small bit of land to build a simpler life on.  More basic and self sufficient.  It's going to be a good year my friend!

I think first the fish don't bite, then the cows lay down.

I have an explanation for that...  When the fish ain'ta bitin the folks get a might bit edgy.  Seems ta me I recalls the MacDoogle boys didn't take a'likin to gettin skunked on the lake so theys always get more drunk the less fishes theys a caught.  Well, one things leads in another an sure as heck they'd always get good and mighty drunk enough to head out tippin' cows all night long.  Sure as heck them cows be laying down when the fishes ain'ta bitin!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:35 PM »
We are in the process of getting ourselves back to the old ways.  Going to be selling the house this year and finding a small bit of land to build a simpler life on.  More basic and self sufficient.  It's going to be a good year my friend!

I have an explanation for that...  When the fish ain'ta bitin the folks get a might bit edgy.  Seems ta me I recalls the MacDoogle boys didn't take a'likin to gettin skunked on the lake so theys always get more drunk the less fishes theys a caught.  Well, one things leads in another an sure as heck they'd always get good and mighty drunk enough to head out tippin' cows all night long.  Sure as heck them cows be laying down when the fishes ain'ta bitin!

Beverage on the monitor as well as a few tears.  Simple logic.      :roflmao:

Offline bquick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Beverage on the monitor as well as a few tears.  Simple logic.      :roflmao:

;D

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Definitely true.  They can feel the front coming in and this will affect the fishing.  Next time you go fishing on open water and on the way to the lake, you see most of the cows are laying down, watch what the panfish are doing at the dock.  They are usually down near the bottom and very sluggish.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:23 PM »
It's consistent sign here in Nebraska as well.  It doesn't stop me from fishing, though. I want to be on the water or ice when they decide to get up
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline fishm_n

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:14 AM »
Wasnt there anouther topic asking if we think too much?? ;D

I have heard this one too!!

I only notice cows when I am not catching fish.!! and there are cows to be seen.

They are ussually standing and starring at me.

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:33 AM »
I have the weather rock,Works great, rock is cold,it is cold out . Rock is wet,it is raining out. Wet on the top and bottom. Raining hard. Snowing,the rock has snow on it. Can't find rock,lots of snow.

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:47 AM »
I am heading out fishing tomorrow. I will call a few farmers to see what the cows are doing if they are down or up I will let you know how the fishing was
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:53 AM »
My wife went and had her knee replaced. Now I have to get some other way to know when a front is coming in. She was very reliable. It hurt all the time so I fished all the time....hunts2long
Northville, NY

Offline sawmillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:55 AM »
If all the cows are laying down its going to rain,If all the cows are standing it is not going to rain,What if half are standing and the other half are laying.?????

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:03 AM »
If all the cows are laying down its going to rain,If all the cows are standing it is not going to rain,What if half are standing and the other half are laying.?????

It MIGHT rain  ;D
How many times do I gotta go through holes before I watch where I'm going? I am an amateur fisherman, but an all star minnow drowner!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.