Author Topic: Went out for the first time today and...  (Read 938 times)

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
Went out for the first time today and...
« on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:43 PM »
caught nothing!!!  ;) but hey, I was out for a couple hours, but the problem was that the ice was only 3-1/2" or so and I was just too paranoid about it and just called it a day, but I have a couple scenic pics atleast.

My set up

Inside (my camera ran out of juice the second I started it up  >:( )

Me  ;D

Sorry if the images are too big, still new to PB.
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Went out for the first time today and...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:16 PM »
Doesnt look like nearly enough holes drilled to fine fish.  lol   I bet we drilled 50-75 holes yesterday trying to find them and kept coming up with dink bass.  hopefully this weekend we will have better luck
<br />

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:17 PM »
Good job getting out :tipup: :tipup:
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Doesnt look like nearly enough holes drilled to fine fish.  lol   I bet we drilled 50-75 holes yesterday trying to find them and kept coming up with dink bass.  hopefully this weekend we will have better luck

To be honest I had more holes drilled, they just weren't in the picture  ;)
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:41 PM »
MuskieWrangler,

You look to be prepared for anything with all the gear. I'm happy to see you got out... the pics look great!. Can you tell me what region you are fishing in? I'm trying to gauge ice thickness by latitude. I live just east of St. Louis and I'm trying to determine how far south the good ice has reached. 3 1/2" is definitely enough for me...might be a bit "skinny" for others though  ;D!

tight lines,

ratsotail

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:56 PM »
MuskieWrangler,

You look to be prepared for anything with all the gear. I'm happy to see you got out... the pics look great!. Can you tell me what region you are fishing in? I'm trying to gauge ice thickness by latitude. I live just east of St. Louis and I'm trying to determine how far south the good ice has reached. 3 1/2" is definitely enough for me...might be a bit "skinny" for others though  ;D!

tight lines,

ratsotail

I'm in Palos Hills of Cook County and just to tell you I was on a small pond right next to a bigger lake and I tried testing the lake first today and although I was able to walk out on there, I could see it cracking in some parts as I walked further along, which would probably have that amount of ice to be a little over 3-1/4". So if you are going out on 3-1/2" soon then I wish you the best of luck and safety... I just couldn't really handle the thought of falling through after seeing the ice cracking earlier and fishing at the same time.

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:16 PM »
Nice pictures.
Master Laker taker.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.