Author Topic: surprise jigging today  (Read 504 times)

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
surprise jigging today
« on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Took my son for his first trip today past the cheddar curtain into Wisconsin.
We had tip ups set for pike of coarse. and then started jigging. I was using a tiny jig tipped with a maggot. I had fish on the screen looking at the jig then they were gone and a big mark showed up and was right on my jig. I got lucky and set the hook at the perfect time and the fight was on. I thought I had a big walleye I was using an ultra light jig rod with 4lb test.
the fish stripped a ton of line at one point I did not think I would get it in. When it came to the hole the first time I could see the good sized pike through the clear ice. It made three good runs then I subdued the little beast. I guess it was between 25 and 30 inches and fat.

no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: surprise jigging today
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:28 PM »
Nice!
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Nice I want to go.....
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline harpenter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2012, 11:26 AM »
I bet that was a fun fight!  Congrats on the catch, glad to see the little guy was there to share in the fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.