Author Topic: AF Res.  (Read 1565 times)

Offline rjd007

• IceShanty Rookie
AF Res.
« on: Dec 29, 2012, 01:48 PM »
Went to the damn this morning and tried to get on but the ice is only 2" thick 10 feet out so we went to Sportmans Park in Aberdeen.  The res. is capped and we could get on the ice there.  Not alot of people and the fishing was real slow. In two hours we ended up with just 1 small trout.  Maybe next year and I wish everyone a Happy New Years!

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: AF Res.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2012, 02:58 PM »
Did you make it up to Blackfoot Res. Last weekend ? Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline rjd007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2012, 05:31 PM »
Yep and it was real slow.  Buddy of mine is going in the morning to see if he can make it to the dam.  I will let you know.  Have to work Monday so I am out until next weekend.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2012, 03:51 PM »
I am going to be on vacation from the 2 thru 16 of January . Hope to fish somewhere every other day . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Fish Idaho

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2012, 05:08 PM »
I went to sportsmans park this morning and I had the place all to myself.  Now I know why!  I fished for four hours without marking a single fish on the flasher.  I had never been skunked here before.  Ice was 3 to 7 inches depending on where you were at with about 3-4" of snow on top.

Offline hunter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:08 PM »
anyone been by the dam lately? I figure with this cold there should be good ice now...

Offline Team Jiffy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:43 PM »
1/3/13 from thefreeway I could see the entire res. is froze over

Offline JMill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:57 AM »
I have been out on the south end of the reservoir all week. In fact that is where I am right now. Today I am on the west side of the dam and the ice is 4" and relatively clear.  Fishing has been very slow.  On Monday I was on the east side of the dam with a buddy and we only had one bite. On Tuesday we were up at the marina and I caught one. Wednesday I was out by myself and saw no action at all. Today I haven't seen any myself either. I just walked over and talked to a group of 4 or 5 and they have caught one this morning.

I have a question for you all since this is only my second year out ice fishing. This morning I was the first one out here and I walked out a 100 yards or so and got set up. Now there is three other groups here and they are fishing maybe 10 or 20 yards off the shore. Am I fishing out too far?  Why is everyone in so close?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:57 AM »
Yes , the fish will be in 6' or less water . fish close to the bank . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline JMill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:03 PM »
Thanks Curt, I will be out tomorrow trying closer to the bank.

Tail-Chaser thanks for the PM, seeing how I am a noob to Ice Shanty I can't reply to your message. I will be putting your suggestions to use in the morning.

Offline hunter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:12 PM »
Hey Jmill.... just curious, How did you today?

I will be headed out in the AM I think, Will post how I do........

Offline rjd007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:19 AM »
Went out Sat. by the dam.  Fished for ~3 hours and no bites!  -10 and a north east wind at 5-10 and we froze our b***s off.  Ice was 4 - 7" and a few people on the ice when we left.  We were there at day light and left at 10:30.  Did not see anyone even run to a pole, but most were huddled in their huts.

Offline hunter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2013, 11:41 AM »
Bummer......I did not make it out yesterday.
I though Sunday might have been good, slight change in the weather might have turned them on....
maybe next weekend

Offline stokers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:51 AM »
hello shanty another new guy on the block Been on the side line for the last few seasons decided to jump on board fished American falls on the 1st of Jan landed two fish one was almost 25 inches close to 7lbs since then has been slow one fish each trip. Checked out sportsman park yesterday 2 perch and 3 white fish locals in the area say water got way low in the bay perch went to deeper water hoping they will be back soon. Can't wait to get back to the ice looks like magic next week. Foster if you read this post call me I lost phone at henerys in Dec and that's another story

Offline TAIL-CHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2013, 01:44 PM »
Stokers
where is the picture of that beast.
That not good one the phone I was down on the river and my kid found 2 reeled one up on his line. You can have those if you need one. LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.