Author Topic: starvation reservoir  (Read 1675 times)

Offline kyle1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
starvation reservoir
« on: Dec 25, 2012, 12:59 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew the ice thickness at rabbit gulch or maybe by the bridge thanks

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: starvation reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Have not  heard any reports infact i just looked and we dont even have it on our R&C board. I will pm hoosier to have it added. Thats one that definately needs to be up there
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Nite Runner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Think like a fish,even if it's WEIRD
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2012, 09:23 AM »
I've not been that way yet but I  fish Starvation more than anywhere. Hard or soft. Taking the woman to Pelican today but will be going past there in a day or two on my way to Lake Canyon Lake & will let you know.
If you don't have time to do it right the 1st time  how are you gonna find time to do it over ??

Offline kyle1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2012, 09:30 PM »
thanks.  do you know how much ice lake canyon has i have never ice fished it but have fished it allot in the summer

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2012, 10:00 PM »
I've not been that way yet but I  fish Starvation more than anywhere. Hard or soft. Taking the woman to Pelican today but will be going past there in a day or two on my way to Lake Canyon Lake & will let you know.

Welcome to the shanty Nite runner  ;D  Hoosier did get a thread up for starvy, a couple more posts runner and it will open up for you
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Nite Runner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2012, 10:10 AM »
   They are fishing the bridge and Rabbit Gulch both. I tried the gulch for a while last night with no success. Missed a couple and lost one.  :(  Lake Canyon should have plenty of ice!! I went to Borem the other day and had a good 6in. of ice.
If you don't have time to do it right the 1st time  how are you gonna find time to do it over ??

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2012, 10:13 AM »
Thanks for the report nite runner, one more post and the R&C boards should open up for you. That place will be getting some pressure now in search of the jumbos
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Nite Runner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2012, 10:25 AM »
 Oh, I'm sure of that!! My best perch out of there is 14in. .I'm trying to figure them walleyes out under the ice..... so far no good but I've eliminated a lot spots and theories... ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2012, 10:35 AM »
Sweet 14in is a great size, Them dang eyes can be tough, took me alot of years to even figure out a small time frame to hook into some at willard and its a unique fishery, wish we had a lake with more structure and eyes closer to me  :'(
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2012, 12:31 PM »
Be careful at Starvation...read on another site about thin ice covered with snow.  Rabbit Gulch area guy wandered out and ice was only 2"...however he reported he fished an area that had 5"...So FWIW be careful...

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2013, 02:07 PM »
Fished at the dam today (1-1-13) in 22-40 ft of water caught 7 nice fat bows and one perch. Wandered around a while and never could locate a good school of perch.... Ice was 4-6 in found one spot out aways that had 3 in.

Offline Nite Runner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2013, 02:42 AM »
    Sounds like you had a pretty good day on the ice! Them Rainbows in there are some fat fish, seems like they grew to 18 plus to 20in and now they just get deeper and bigger around. Some of the local walleye fisherman are a little moody about them being there but from what I can tell it hasn't hurt the walleye at all. The only trouble I've had is that some days it seems you can't keep them off your lines.  ;D  I just send em back with a promise to see them again come winter . I think  they are way more fun bringing threw a hole in the ice compared to netting from a boat. I'll keep my ears open and let you know if I hear anything about the perch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.