New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Webster NY  (Read 1597 times)

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
Webster NY
« on: Dec 24, 2012, 10:16 AM »
Please pray for the firefighters and families in webster NY.  Sad day, as a firefighter myself, I cannot imagine having to deal with this.  God speed brothers.

Offline chuckrudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Webster NY
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2012, 10:25 AM »
Thoughts and prayers with there family

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2012, 10:32 AM »
What happened?
 ???
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Firefighters responded to a fire and some delusional person (scumbag) was shooting at them.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Holy crap! That'sHorrible. just read that 2 were killed and 2 are serious condition.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2012, 10:49 AM »
This happend very close to my house, please pray for the families effected by this senseless act.

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2012, 11:00 AM »
Holy crap! That'sHorrible. just read that 2 were killed and 2 are serious condition.

Yep, while the swat team was trying to stop the shotter(s) the fire spread to 2-3 more homes and a car. Now they are trying to put the fires out which were burning from 6-10 AM before the fireman could go back in.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2012, 11:04 AM »
R.I.P. my brothers, and prayers to the rest.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2012, 11:22 AM »
Very sad. Fire was set as a trap to draw first responders to the scene to be gunned down. This is just down the road from me . I could be at the site in 6-7 minutes. Please say a prayer or two for those affected by this horrible event.
Pete Lewis

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2012, 11:37 AM »
Very sad. Fire was set as a trap to draw first responders to the scene to be gunned down. This is just down the road from me . I could be at the site in 6-7 minutes. Please say a prayer or two for those affected by this horrible event.

Good grief Pete, I hadn't heard that yet. Sounded like the police may have shot the guy(s)???  What did those idiots think the outcome was going to be when they started that mess??? Not thinking, as usual I guess. Keep us posted Pete and just as important keep getting better youself...    Cya....

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2012, 12:16 PM »
Thoughts with all of those involved in this senseless tragedy . As a former Firefighter/career EMT myself I know there is no such thing as a “routine call” but NO ONE should EVER have to walk onto a scene like that………What is wrong with people????

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2012, 12:44 PM »
Good grief Pete, I hadn't heard that yet. Sounded like the police may have shot the guy(s)???  What did those idiots think the outcome was going to be when they started that mess??? Not thinking, as usual I guess. Keep us posted Pete and just as important keep getting better youself...    Cya....

The latest update is that the person responsible is dead-they are not saying whether the bullet that killed him came from the police or himself. They are some rumors about who/why but I will not repeat them-officials are probably not going to release that until they finish their investigations. It appears that further homes were also damaged before they got it all taken care of. Also sounds like an off duty Greece police officer that arrived was injured perhaps from shattered material from shots fired at his car. A terrible loss to numerous families on Christmas eve day!!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2012, 01:08 PM »
Prayers are being made :angel
Such a horrific event on the Holidays :nono:
AW

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2012, 01:13 PM »
Please pray for the firefighters and families in webster NY.  Sad day, as a firefighter myself, I cannot imagine having to deal with this.  God speed brothers.

First kids, now fire fighters.....
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline frigidaire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Listening to WHAM radio with Bob Lonsberry.  The shooter is believed to be an ex-con who murdered his grandmother in 1980 when she caught him making LSD.  Struck her in the head with a hammer 38 times.  Served 17 years in Attica state prison for it.  He lived in the house with his sister and they hated each other.  His mother, who he visited twice a day in a nursing home, just died 6 weeks ago.  He told other people that after she died he would kill his sister....

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2012, 01:39 PM »
Listening to WHAM radio with Bob Lonsberry.  The shooter is believed to be an ex-con who murdered his grandmother in 1980 when she caught him making LSD.  Struck her in the head with a hammer 38 times.  Served 17 years in Attica state prison for it.  He lived in the house with his sister and they hated each other.  His mother, who he visited twice a day in a nursing home, just died 6 weeks ago.  He told other people that after she died he would kill his sister....

I wouldn't consider that the most reliable source but I heard similar speculations. Hadn't heard about his sister being killed but that may be forthcoming when they finish investigating the remains of the houses that burned. Stay tuned.....

Offline Fugowee16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2012, 01:49 PM »
This is what our country is coming to a bunch of sick and twisted people killing just to kill I am sick to my stomach of what America is becoming. We are destroying ourselves from the inside. R.I.P. Brother firefighters we've got it from here.

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2012, 02:14 PM »
What a shock and tragedy. Why do these idiots have to take Innocent people with them when they basically want to commit suicide? The Greece police officers car was shot and he had some shrapnel in him. He was able to pull his car around and block off the road. He probably prevented more deaths by doing this and is a hero in my eyes. My prayers for the families touched by this senseless act.

Offline MASE523

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2012, 02:25 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to those in need..
 RIP fallen brothers. GODSPEED

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2012, 02:37 PM »
police chief on fox said it was a ambush. feel bad for those involved.we will pray for America.

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2012, 02:51 PM »
In a normal year there could have been a crap load of icefishermen all within striking distance to, being a day many had off.

"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #22 on: Dec 24, 2012, 02:57 PM »
prayers being sent.  So horrible what a sick F

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #23 on: Dec 24, 2012, 04:34 PM »
this is way beyond words now. what is going on here >:( i no longer feel safe at all. my prayers now go out to these peoples families.
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Kuyahoorakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have Ice? Will Travel...
« Reply #24 on: Dec 24, 2012, 04:50 PM »
This is just unreal. The cowards are taking over. Shooting first responders, children, unarmed men and women. My heart breaks for their families, and my heart also breaks for our country. Maybe this is the end of civilization.... ???

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Dec 24, 2012, 04:50 PM »

my prayers go out to the family's

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 24, 2012, 05:02 PM »
THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FROM MY FAMILY TO ALL OF THE INVOLVED!!  HOPEFULLY THE 2 IN SERIOUS CONDITION PULL THRU! YOUR ALL IN MY FAMILES THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 24, 2012, 05:10 PM »
Had he been executed as he should have been for committing the murder of his Grandmother this never would have happened . he did 17 years and was out to kill again .

The only good criminal is an executed criminal .

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 24, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Had he been executed as he should have been for committing the murder of his Grandmother this never would have happened . he did 17 years and was out to kill again .

I work in our fine correctional system!!  we have to many liberals that are against the death penalty
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 24, 2012, 05:15 PM »

I work in our states correctional system we have to many liberals in NY state that's why we don't use the death penalty!  but this guy is another example of why we should listen to the liberals!!  my thoughts and prayers with those of this awful tragedy
TEAMHACKSHACK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.