Author Topic: Crawford tomorrow.  (Read 746 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Crawford tomorrow.
« on: Dec 21, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Heading to Crawford tomorrow for my first ice trip. Got to try out my home made Automatic Fishermen or Jaw Jakers. Will post results of fishing,Ice and Lip rippers.
<===Lefty===

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Crawford tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2012, 06:17 AM »
Best of luck. Because it's a four and a half drive for me, I haven't fished it in years. I'm curious how you'll make out.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2012, 06:54 AM »
Best of luck. Because it's a four and a half drive for me, I haven't fished it in years. I'm curious how you'll make out.
Will post results. The lake is way down and is 1/2 the size it usually is because of the drought.
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Well there is one thing you don't want to leave home without. That is your fishing boots. Got to Crawford around 9am,15 degrees out and stepped out of my truck on to some ice and thought I will need my Cleats. Then I thought well my Boots are at home. I had on Cabelas Slip on moc shoes. I put on a layer of wool socks and thought I would give it a try anyway. Snow was 1-6" in areas and once on the ice I found 1-1 1/2 " of Slush/Water. Most areas of the lake are 2-3" of ice and in the cove to the right of the Rangers station was 4". I put down a piece of wood on the water/slush and put my feet on that and it lasted about 1.25 hours before my feet were cold.

Fished in about 8 FOW with my 2 Lip rippers I made and had one bite. I didn't dare move around much because of the shoes I had on.  I took a picture of my shoes so I can remember this day.
<===Lefty===

Offline bgflys

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2012, 07:28 AM »
Dang, that does suck. I've done it too. Get busy trying to remember everything and skip over something important like that.

Kinda messes up your trip. Better luck next time.

"B"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.