Author Topic: Bittern/Montreal/Anglin  (Read 5106 times)

Offline old man of the sea

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bittern/Montreal/Anglin
« on: Dec 19, 2012, 11:12 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone has been fishing any of these lakes?

Offline Doctorjones

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bittern/Montreal/Anglin
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2012, 06:59 PM »
Was at Bittern tues, 16 - 18 inch of ice. Driving on easy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Any fish biting at Bittern?

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2012, 11:55 PM »
Slow zzzzzzz

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2012, 07:45 AM »
only been on montreal and anglin but both are dead slow.

Offline fish on, yeah buddy!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2012, 11:45 AM »
haven't ice fished anglin for years... one spot 2 ft. another 8". lots of currents. safe fishing

Offline bigk

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2012, 07:39 AM »
Wanna take family to bittern Boxing Day to keep busy with some of the little pike and hopefully a few walleye I read it says driving on ice is no issue could anyone confirm this for me? Thanks  merry Christmas everyone

Offline JackHammer09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2012, 12:44 PM »
Wanna take family to bittern Boxing Day to keep busy with some of the little pike and hopefully a few walleye I read it says driving on ice is no issue could anyone confirm this for me? Thanks  merry Christmas everyone

confirmed, i was out there last sunday and seen a guy driving a small car out to the 3rd bay

Offline Adam88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Any news on Montreal lake ice thickness can u still drive with 4x4 how's the bite

Offline basdif

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2012, 02:16 PM »
I'm heading to Anglin next week.  My concern isn't even as much about the ice thickness as it is about the snow depth.  I would imagine the ice is thick enought by now (but will check of course).  Hopefully I can get where I want to go in 4x4.  Anglin never seems to be very "hot" in the winter.  I don't expect much  ::) Ha!

Offline silverfox1969

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Had a friend out on Bittern drove on with 4x4 and limited out on wallyeye in less than an 1/2 hour around the 1 1/2 pound range then started catching 3 pounders a little while later all were wally's that had to be released so be picky on your wally's because there is a possesion limit and bring lots of bait cause there ALOT of small hammer handle pike that will compete with the wally's

Offline Adam88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Fished Montreal today 4 pike from 10-12.5 lbs and 10 pike from 3-8 lbs not many bites but when they did they swallOwed the hooks 6 inches of snow on the ice bout 22 inches of ice easy driving on lake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2013, 09:56 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone has been out to Bittern in the last few days. How's the bite, snow etc.

Offline Natwild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2013, 12:52 AM »
Was slow today on Bittern and anglin

Offline finzandpigskinz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:56 AM »
I fished Bittern a couple years ago and found that we caught the most fish in 12 ft of water.  Everyone seemed to fish closer to shore in very shallow water.  When we fished in the deepest part of the lake we started to hammer the walleye.  There is a main current that goes through the lake, and I figure it keeps the water warmer and full of food for the Walleye.  If you can find a lake map of Bittern it will help you find the right depth.  I couldn't figure out why everyone was fishing in 3 feet of water.  We caught walleye that were bigger then all the pike we caught in shallow water.  And be careful because the current tends to make the ice a little thinner.  We had to mover our vehicles off the current and walk a hundred yards or so because water started to come up our holes. 
Good Luck!!!

Offline Adam88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:42 AM »
My brothers coach said he went to bittern twice last week limited out both times with biggest being 7 lb walleye

Offline Falko

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2013, 11:50 AM »
I was out on the 31st and 1st. Caught two walleye the first day and some pike. Second day I never iced any fish.  Was in the second bay both days fishing 6-7 fow.  A lot of people fishing on the 1st, mostly shallow. I'd say under 5fow.    Only saw two Walleye on the cam in 4 hours, might give it another shot today

Offline basdif

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:04 AM »
Just got back from Anglin.  I didn't get to fish as much as I would have hoped for.  On Jan. 1st we went out and caught a few perch in 37 feet of water.  Had to go in for lunch and when we came back they were gone.  The next day we tried a new spot in 20 feet of water.  Saw fish on the sonar when we arrived.  But they dissappeared for 4 hours while we fished and only showed up again when we were leaving.  Argh!  Heard others were catching a few but not stellar.  Apparently the week before was awesome.  It's all about the timing...

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:27 AM »
 haha isn't that what resorts always tell you?  anglin is usually better early in the season before all the folks and trucks and shacks and skidoos show up, then late in the season the perch seem to pick up.  never have much luck in btwn.

Offline fish on, yeah buddy!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:45 PM »
i've never seen a 7 lb walleye or anything close in my life on bittern. . . but they must be out there. . . or some extra pull on the scale  ::) went out a few days ago and it was slow... caught 3 small walleye and a couple jack. thinkin montreal  :tipup:

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Fished bittern Wednesday. Caught over 30 walleye from about 1.5 to 2.5#. I talked to two other groups who fished that day. One did well, the other not so well. Don't be afraid to keep moving until your on fish. We found fish in 9 feet. Had our best luck with Lindy Daters with no bait.

Offline BIRCH HILLS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Perch Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 09, 2013, 11:07 PM »
Has anyone heard if you can get on to Bittern with the snow we've had lately? Heading up there this Saturday. We drove out there a couple weeks ago very easily, but with the snow this week, makes me a little nervous with the truck. Any info would be appreciated.

Offline LOTALOTA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2013, 01:57 PM »
when was the last time anyone was on either montreal or bittern going up saturday info would be appreciated

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 22, 2013, 04:05 PM »
was out just after new years on montreal, skunked...most trucks were parked on shore due to the nasty ridge getting on the lake.  also have heard that bittern is a crap show out there now and not much coming out for fish after the initial bumrush harvest.. after this last snow fall and cold weather i'd be wary of slush as well.  take it for what it's worth!

Offline Polarbehr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:54 PM »
Any word on Montreal, wats the snow conditions like up ther? thanks

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:06 AM »
Same goes for Bittern, how is the access and snow depth, heading out on Friday, I will post an update and pics when I get back Fri night.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline dogfish1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Feb 08, 2013, 12:20 PM »
Any one been out on Anglin lately.  Be up in that area this weekend and was thinking of trying it out. I've never fished it but hear good things.

How's the access and the bite been?

Any good spots?

Thanks

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:31 PM »
has been, and usually is this time of year, quite slow.  can usually get into a few small ones in the peak periods though.

Offline LOTALOTA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 11, 2013, 10:12 AM »
i was on montreal saturday caught our three walley and one 7 lb pike had to walk on

Offline finzandpigskinz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Feb 13, 2013, 11:48 AM »
are there any spots to drive on in either of these three lakes.  Heading up with Family next weekend and looking to drive on if possible.. Also curious about Christopher Lake. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.