The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wrightsville Reservoir  (Read 1810 times)

Offline jpmVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wrightsville Reservoir
« on: Dec 18, 2012, 07:54 PM »
Hi there,
I'm new here and to the sport, though I do quite a bit of fishing in the warmer months. I just moved down to Montpelier a few months back. I've checked out a couple of spots in Calais and will trek up to Iroquois. Does anyone go out on the Wrightsville Reservoir? It's very nearby so it would be convenient for those quick last minute trips. Thanks a lot and good luck.

Offline jpmVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wrightsville Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2012, 08:05 AM »
I'll definitely try to hit Woodbury. I've been looking at some of the smaller bodies in Calais. Getting a bunch of gear for Christmas, hope to be out shortly thereafter. Winter is too short to have to work M-F...
Have fun everyone.
-jpm

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2012, 02:33 PM »
People do well over on Caspian.  I don't fish Wrightsville in the winter, always worry about fluctuating water levels. Joe's Pond is close, as is Eligo.
Silly rookies, traps are for animals!!  Tilts are for kids!!  Fishermen use tip ups!

Offline camo ninja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2012, 01:47 AM »
People do well over on Caspian.  I don't fish Wrightsville in the winter, always worry about fluctuating water levels. Joe's Pond is close, as is Eligo.

dont listen to this guy ^^^ he s never fished Caspain and theres no fish there  ::)

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2012, 09:44 AM »
If you want to catch dink Lakers and deal with the local trash feel free to fish Caspian. 

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2012, 09:57 AM »
If you want to catch dink Lakers and deal with the local trash feel free to fish Caspian.

Sounds like you had a pretty bad experience there.  I only had trouble once, of my own doing.  Then again, a lot of the guys out there knew either me, or know friends of mine.  Yes, lots of lakers between 16-23".  Have seen decent ones coming from there too, 9, 10, 13 pounds.  Some are taken each winter in the 20lb range too.  Have lost some that were too strong and snapped the line.  I guess I just can say that for me, it works, and I haven't ever had a bad experience there.
Silly rookies, traps are for animals!!  Tilts are for kids!!  Fishermen use tip ups!

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Yeah some of the local coke heads pulled some crap last year....... Ill leave it at that.

Offline camo ninja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2012, 05:31 PM »
yep
gets serious around derby time  ::)
Pat when was the last time you actually icefished Caspian ?

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Been a while.  Between my daughter playing basketball on Saturdays, then she wrestled too, and the kids partaking in the skiing program through school on Sundays, it's way overdue.  Last year I finally got them on the ice, and they aren't afraid of it anymore.  Hoping to get there this season,, I have my favorite spots out there I am dying to get to, it's been long over due.  Could be quite  a trick getting the up early enough to catch the first run between 6 and 7 though, coming from Barre.  If I can get them there for it though, they will be hooked, don't remember ever getting skunked on the first run.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.