Author Topic: First fish iced!!!!  (Read 723 times)

Offline Hitmanhite

• IceShanty Rookie
  • All gave some, some gave all.
First fish iced!!!!
« on: Dec 16, 2012, 09:22 PM »
Well not exacatly in Utah, drove up to Henry's. There was 7-10 inches of ice with 4-5 inches of snow on top. Learned quite a bit up there with a well "seasoned" vet. He had 10 poles (him and his wife). Jaw Jackers work about 50% of the time. If there is any slush, don't  shovel off a spot for the ice house, your asking for 3-4 inches of water in there haha. Augers have a bad temper once on the ice in 25 degree weather with 20 mph wind. Paddlebugs work (I doubted them...never again). Yellowstone cutthroat are beautiful fish. Eskimo ice stakes work like magic. Yep, I'm hooked.....come on Utah ice!!!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: First fish iced!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2012, 10:58 PM »
That's great it was a fun and learning trip for you. Them yellowstone cutts are very colorful fish. I usually pack the snow down where I'm going to put my tent as I have learned that lesson also. You just have to be sure it don't get to warm in the tent and you end up in a slush bowl. If the snow on top of the ice is not slushy then you can clear an area off but you just have to call it when you get to the fishing location and see what your dealing with. Either way its nice being out of the "W". I do carry paddle bugss in my aersenal, three different colors. Only 50% on the jawjackers  :-\ they must have been hittin light maybe. Just finished up my 1st run prototype jacker trigger to hook up to some pole holders I already use, will put up pics soon. Hoping to give it a try next weekend. Any pics of the fish?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Utahman22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2012, 07:29 AM »
I tell my self I will not login at work, then I do and it makes me want to get up and go find some ice after hearing these stories!  :'(

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2012, 07:47 AM »
x2 come sat

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.