Author Topic: X2  (Read 795 times)

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
X2
« on: Dec 16, 2012, 07:48 AM »
I sold my fish trap yukon and I am looking at a used X2 to replace it. I think it would be a good compromise between an otter and a clam without paying the new price tag. The sled is roto molded just like the otter and although not the insulated version the X2 has a 900 denier tent. It also has the 1 1/4 inch pole system i see. I know they are heavy thats a given it is heavy duty.What do you guys think of the X2?
Fishin red lines

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: X2
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2012, 07:58 AM »

i own 1 and it is a super heavy duty unit , if your towing with a machine put some runners on it , tons of room and you can stand up in it if your nor over 6' , i had a Yukon, nice outfit , but saw the X2 more room 900 denier, bigger poles and heavier tub , it was a no brain er ,and it makes a real big 1 man  ;), just my .02

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:25 AM »
comes with hyfax, cover, tow bar, and in new condition for 450.Just sold my yukon for 350 think thats a sweet 100 dollar upgrade. ;)
Fishin red lines

Offline rabcon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:38 AM »
Yup, Have one but if your into site fishing it is way too bright inside. I got 6 cans of black spray paint and sprayed the roof and back panal. Nice tent but heavy. I ended up buying a Frabil Trecker It is perfect for me . I run with only one seat .

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:39 AM »
I sold my fish trap yukon and I am looking at a used X2 to replace it. I think it would be a good compromise between an otter and a clam without paying the new price tag. The sled is roto molded just like the otter and although not the insulated version the X2 has a 900 denier tent. It also has the 1 1/4 inch pole system i see. I know they are heavy thats a given it is heavy duty.What do you guys think of the X2?

I sold my X2 this year and up graded to the otter pro lodge thermal, If I didnt have young kids, I would still have my X2. I sold My X2 in Oct of this year For $450. with runners and cover No tow bar. It was/is a great fish house. If you had the yukon you will love the X2. I have a 2X6 that I use to load it in and out of my truck all by myself.
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline tdobb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Yeah, that sounds like an awesome deal Hamms.  Can't complain with cheap upgrades.  Even better when you upgrade and double your money on your old equipment.  Did that with an old Vex FL8.  :o

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2012, 07:03 PM »
For sure can't believe what people will pay for the old style fl8 . It looks like it will be a good house. I was toying with the idea of the frabill trekker insulated house for a little more nice house. I wanted more room for wife and our 2 kids. The clam 5600, Yukon,x2,andx all zip to it with trap link so maybe a5600 for kids play room on ice would work. ;D
Fishin red lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.