Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: where to find perch  (Read 1301 times)

Offline cowboytrevor21

• IceShanty Rookie
where to find perch
« on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:12 PM »
Well instead of trying myself I was wondering if there is any perch fishing close to des moines. It says their in 12 mile and I want to try that and big creek and I hope to make it to clear lake atleast once this season. I just need some help I learn fast and catch on quick but even though I've never ice fished b4 I know I will have a blast fish or not. I will definitely enjoy it all.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: where to find perch
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:29 PM »
If you can find them in 12 mile they're nice. BUT, we probably won't get enough cold weather to get safe ice down South this year. Stay safe, your best bet is driving North.

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Brushy Creek has a decent population of big ones, and the previous state record perch came from Maffit Reservoir on the SW corner of the metro.  ;)

-Munchy
Rod Woten

Offline cowboytrevor21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:03 PM »
Maffit looks promising if I stay persistent and try to find them  I like that it says its over 40 feet deep.

Offline Master79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2012, 08:36 AM »
Maffit looks promising if I stay persistent and try to find them  I like that it says its over 40 feet deep.

Yes maffit is a good place for perch. This is my third year ice fishing out there and have found a spot where we get more perch than any other spot out there. I also love that gin clear water out there through the ice. Kinda feel like I'm on west boji.

Offline Shrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2012, 11:51 AM »
So tell me more about Moffit Res. Never heard about this place. I have a daughter going to Iowa state and if I visit maybe i can get a day to try this place. Any info would be great.

Offline cowboytrevor21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2012, 12:52 PM »
So is it hard to find the fish? I mean its 45 feet deep and it says there's a huge area so its a lot of space but I'm just thinking ahead of depth and structure

Offline MitchMeyers92

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO HAWKS!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2012, 05:31 PM »
So is it hard to find the fish? I mean its 45 feet deep and it says there's a huge area so its a lot of space but I'm just thinking ahead of depth and structure
run and gun, drill tons of holes and hop around with the flasher 'till you find fish. hands down favorite thing to do and will put more fish on the ice than just sitting in the tent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.