Author Topic: new to forum...  (Read 1412 times)

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
new to forum...
« on: Mar 05, 2005, 09:41 AM »
i'm new to the forum. have been visiting for a year but just registered. i want to display my own avitar.figured out how to upload ... but my picture wont display. saw a thread that said need to post 5 times for avitar to work. is this true? awesome web site by the way. after a 25 year hiatus from ice fishing we (my father,brother and myself) have emerged from hibernation and a rarin' to go.i've only been out twice this year but father/brother probably a dozen or so not much to write home about except for my 34'' pike.any help on avatar appreciated
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: mew to forum...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Welcome to IceShanty snot rocket,

I do believe 5 posts is the magic number. Make sure your aviator pic is no bigger than 120 x 120 pixels and you have it hosted outside Ice Shanty somewhere like Photobucket.com. There are lots of great people here, and there is a wealth of information that will save you a lot of time and headaches trying to learn it all on your own. A lot has changed in the last 20 years and I am proud to say that most of it in the ice fishing area is good.  ;)2

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2005, 09:55 AM »
thanks fozsey, already did the photobucket thing and downsized photo.guess i just need to get my virgin feet wet and get my 5 posts in.
CORRECTION...New to forum....not (mew to forum) :-\

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2005, 10:09 AM »
hwell I'm gonna cheat and post again to get my 5th post. I'm like a kid in a candy store...I want my avatar!!  wahhhh.
Now. How do i post a picture in my post? from my photobucket?

Offline jmal

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If Momma a'int happy, a'int nobody happy!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2005, 01:02 PM »
i'm new to the forum. have been visiting for a year but just registered. i want to display my own avitar.figured out how to upload ... but my picture wont display. saw a thread that said need to post 5 times for avitar to work. is this true? awesome web site by the way. after a 25 year hiatus from ice fishing we (my father,brother and myself) have emerged from hibernation and a rarin' to go.i've only been out twice this year but father/brother probably a dozen or so not much to write home about except for my 34'' pike.any help on avatar appreciated
hwell I'm gonna cheat and post again to get my 5th post. I'm like a kid in a candy store...I want my avatar!!  wahhhh.
Now. How do i post a picture in my post? from my photobucket?(Image removed from quote.)
   Hey snot rocket..nice fish. You didn't say where you hooked that pike..nice job ;D Glad to hear you  are back at it again. I agree this is an awesome sight. I check it just about every day

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Welcome to Iceshanty!
I love the name, that's a good one!
Register with My Fish Finder while you're at it!

Tony M

« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2005, 01:24 PM »
Glad to see you came aboard. This is a great sight. ;D Nice fish. I've been out and about since January. Saratoga, Lake Pleasant, Coveville, Lake Champlain (smelt), Watervliet Res. Havn't wiped out any species. Just having a good time.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: new to forum...
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2005, 01:42 PM »
welcome snotrocket!! to insert an image in your post go to photobucket, your album, find desired pic and youll see three boxes under pic, bottom one says IMG copy and paste that box to your post...hope this helps

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2005, 05:22 PM »
trying to copy/paste picture of pike caught at covevill NY....fingers crossed

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2005, 05:24 PM »
trying again for bigger pic

AHHH!! SWEET SUCCESS   :D