Author Topic: Shoulder surgery wont stop this ice man!  (Read 492 times)

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
Shoulder surgery wont stop this ice man!
« on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:41 PM »
http://www.fish-n-chum.com/
planned to get one of there to try out since ill be under the knife only 2good weeks before my ice fishing trip to devils lake....so I guess I just want to know if im wasting my $ or if it'll hold up to a one armed ice fisherman. Its made in Wisconsin so im not sure about it lol :P
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shoulder surgery wont stop this ice man!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:58 PM »
that looks like a good deal to me,and the no hands jigging leaving your hands free is a plus,the first thing that came to my mind was my son,he bounces his legs when he gets cold,that's my cue to turn the heat on and warm him back up,the only thing I noticed is the guy is wearing regular pants not heavy clothing like ice armor or a one piece snow suit etc so I would be curious to how it would be with heavy clothing on

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:01 PM »
Good Luck on the surgery ULK!

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:04 PM »
that looks like a good deal to me,and the no hands jigging leaving your hands free is a plus,the first thing that came to my mind was my son,he bounces his legs when he gets cold,that's my cue to turn the heat on and warm him back up,the only thing I noticed is the guy is wearing regular pants not heavy clothing like ice armor or a one piece snow suit etc so I would be curious to how it would be with heavy clothing on
They show it able to go around a 5gallonlong bucket so I hope im not that big with bibs on lol

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:05 PM »
Good Luck on the surgery ULK!
Thanks!!! I just hope there us a cancellation and I can get it moved up before the 20th!

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:16 PM »
forgot to mention good luck on the sugury,I shatterd mt heel years back and I took some hardwood dowels and stuck them in my crutches with masonary nails stuck in the end of them,it worked good aside from the day the ice melted away from the shore about 3 feet,it took my buddys about an hour to carry a picknik table to get me off,I guess I should of thought ahead

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:20 PM »
forgot to mention good luck on the sugury,I shatterd mt heel years back and I took some hardwood dowels and stuck them in my crutches with masonary nails stuck in the end of them,it worked good aside from the day the ice melted away from the shore about 3 feet,it took my buddys about an hour to carry a picknik table to get me off,I guess I should of thought ahead
Thanks! Sounds like when I broke my leg lol had to think of ideas of how to hunt and ice fish! Also when I broke my arm I used my chin to hold the top of my 8" hand auger!  ;D still got a hole drilled and caught fish

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:34 PM »
Good luck with your surgery,I endured a global tear of the rotor cuff,most painful thing I've ever been through.Not sure what your having done,but mine was unrepairable due to years of deterioration of the cuff.have only partial use of the arm now,point is,don't fall on the ice,your shoulders are pretty important,I found out the hard way.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:41 PM »
I know the pain!!! Lived in the state of LA way back when, tore both rotator cuffs while helping release 3-5 foot juvenile alligators. Suffered through shoulder joint pain for 5 years while they healed because I didn't want to go take the time off from work.

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2012, 12:01 AM »
I tore one of my rotator cuffs, my labral and have some cysts around that.. and my fibular head is swollen?
If I wasn't still just a young guy id maybe ignore ot but it'll make it pretty hard for me to work again if I don't have it fixed  :-\

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:37 AM »
I tore one of my rotator cuffs, my labral and have some cysts around that.. and my fibular head is swollen?
If I wasn't still just a young guy id maybe ignore ot but it'll make it pretty hard for me to work again if I don't have it fixed  :-\
A tear of the rotor cuff can be fixed,don't play around with it though.A global/complete tear has to be repaired quickly lest the elasticity of the cuff becomes like dried shriveled leather.When that happens not much to nothing can be done,had a good doc in Columbus Ohio who did his best and saved mine to the extent I can touch my nose.next step for mine is a reverse shoulder replacement .......not wanting that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.