Author Topic: Access to big manistique for walleye  (Read 821 times)

Offline rubbermouth

• IceShanty Rookie
Access to big manistique for walleye
« on: Dec 01, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Planning my first trip up after Xmas does anybody have any helpful info on where to go out from to walleye fish big manistique? Also any cottage rentals on the lake? Which side of the lake would be better I've heard fish the islands? Thanks much appreciated!

Offline IAyooper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Access to big manistique for walleye
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2012, 08:56 PM »
We fished it last year. Stayed at Sunset Point resort on the east side. Great place. Walk out of your cabin and 30 yards later you are on ice. The cabin was nice and clean, warm and cozy. We enjoyed it! I think it is just off H-33 north of Curtis. I think it was less than 5 minutes to get bait, food etc.
The lake is pretty big... Friends went back in the following weeks and they rented a snowmobile and said it was the best! Have fun!

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2012, 02:11 PM »
When you are up there be sure to ask which lake is producing. The South lake can be pretty good for eyes too.

When we rented a cabin up there one summer there was a website that listed cabins for rent. Many of those cabins are for rent in the winter too. Push me a pm if you need more.

Offline rubbermouth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2012, 07:20 PM »
All great info guys. Thanks. were looking at sunset point or big manistique resort just hope there's safe ice in 3 weeks there we have 3 sleds and would love to get them on the ice and drag the shanties around up there we'll see heard its not much of a lake to be traveling by foot due to its size

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.