The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2012/13 season has begun  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
2012/13 season has begun
« on: Nov 30, 2012, 11:51 AM »
only gave it about a 15-20 minute effort with nothing to show for it but the season has officially begun here in NEPA  ;)

after working a 60+ hour week (and I still have 10-12 hours tomorrow  ::) ) I just had no desire to move around and find fish...time to go take a quick nap and hopefully fill a tag or two out in the woods  ;D
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2012/13 season has begun
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2012, 11:56 AM »
Is that  a private lake, and how much ice was on it?
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2012, 03:03 PM »
Public pond just west of the Poconos...

2.5-3" but lotsa potential soft spots due to springs and the creek that feeds it

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2012, 05:21 PM »
Way to go ! I hope you get some this weekend.

Just be  careful.  I have  got on to 2.5"-3"  of ice by accident,  but never on purpose !!

I know all the talk  about safe ice and clear ice and  engineers  calculations ---   just  have some ice  pics and a rope and a buddy  if you go out.     ----- and  post some  fish pics :-)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2012, 05:42 PM »
I'm humbled mike.................. ..... :bow:

November 30th start...........better than last year, and that means November starts to 3 of the last 8 years.

AND I THINK YOU BEAT THOSE NUMBSKULLS IN NEW YORK.  Funny how we in the deep south beat them to the ice on occassion.  And we are only a day or two behind Maine.  Nice.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2012, 06:17 PM »

November 30th start...........better than last year, and that means November starts to 3 of the last 8 years.

AND I THINK YOU BEAT THOSE NUMBSKULLS IN NEW YORK.  Funny how we in the deep south beat them to the ice on occassion.  And we are only a day or two behind Maine.  Nice.

Dr. JM

Petey, we all know 315 is more than just an area code up there, its also a weight requirement  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Dr. JM

Sorry to burst your bubble but some of our members have already been ice fishing today too.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2012, 08:01 AM »
Yeah this numbskull from ny fished yesterday from 7 am till 3 pm with another numbskull from ny.   Plus we were on the ice 2 days prior.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2012, 08:33 AM »
its good to see guys are getting out on the ice,I require more than 2 1/2 to 3 inches for me to get out on the hard water, be safe guys

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2012, 12:40 PM »
JM was just horsing arround, right ?   

My theory is that most fishermen are  pretty  good guys, with a smattering of numbskulls in every state :-)

Offline Ironeagle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2012, 03:40 PM »
Ha Ha, this guy again, i will say well done, but i will also be praying for you.. :cookoo:

As soon as that sun hits the water.. All Hell is gona break loose!
Punch holes and find schools

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2012, 04:17 PM »
JM was just horsing arround, right ?

Yep. Anyone who has read more than couple of his posts could have easily came to that assumption. Seems like a good enough guy to me.

Forecast for the  next couple days is T-shirt weather so the ice is going to deteriorate.

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2012, 05:18 AM »
I hear ya JM.   I remember a few years back when Walker  was locked  up with maybe a few inches of ice.

I made  a post that if it stayed cold this week  walker would  probably be ready to fish  by the weekend.   Dunno if it was the tone or  the punctuation or what,  but   I  was  called  everything under the sun --- mainly irresponsible.  Oh well.  I guess they got over it and   I slept ok that night.

Anyway JM - you  seem like a kewl guy to me.  Although I  am not from New York    I would  be willing  to let you buy me that  beer sometime --- LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.