Author Topic: camera jigging  (Read 1071 times)

bib brother

camera jigging
« on: Mar 02, 2005, 09:24 PM »
actually jigging the camera/decoy up and down on the cable.......

i always notice a lot more commotion when i first drop the camera down to the bottom, so when it goes dead for a bit and i know the fish are in the area i just jig the camera up and down for a bit.  it seems to be working pretty consistently.

i'm fishing for perch but the bass and pickerel seem to pop right up whenever i do this, perch seem to react to it as well.

i live in massachusetts and i'm fishing shallow weedy warmwater ponds.  i'm also pretty new with the camera i've had it out 8 days.  it's definitely helping and it's a blast to use.

anybody else do this or other "different" things with the cams? ???

bib brother

Re: camera jigging
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2005, 06:06 PM »
Bueller?......Bueller?

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Where do you fish in mass im thinking about heading on saturday. I also have a camera but i never tried doing that i'll try it this weekend and tell you how it works.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2005, 07:34 PM »
i have an older aqua-vu that doesnt have a fish shaped camera.  i have definetly noticed that i do better with the camera as far away from the lure as possible.

bib brother

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2005, 08:13 PM »
i live in worcester and fish the surrounding towns, small weedy bass and pickerel ponds mostly

i haven't notice a big difference in the istance to my bait, but my experience is limited still.  the fish do come right up to the camera and go nose-to-nose with it, especially bluegill(bluegill camera).  do the fish inspect the old cameras much or avoid them?

Rock Bottom

« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2005, 07:59 AM »
Ive read that panfish will react to decoys due to there nature to group up. I read as well that tying red and orange rags on a line and dropping them down tto the bottom so that every 6 inches has a rag tied on up to 5 ft or so. In open water they tie these to there anchor line to attract perch, I wonder if this will help if you tie them to your camera line????

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2005, 02:20 PM »
I have the old style camera head, and have found that the fish come in for a look at it. I have had pike slide past the camera a few inches, even bumping it at times, but the perch seem to be the most curious fish with the camera, they really check it out. I have had the face on trying to figure what this thing is. The red flag on the line may work for the perch also. With the new fish shaped cameras has anyone ever had there camera attacked by large fish?, they may be tempting targets.
These cameras are so neat, even if the fish are not biting a person can be entertained by watching there antics, just like watching an aquarime. ;D
Good Fishing all

Water Wolf

Offline trimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2005, 06:26 PM »
we had our aqua vu scout out today for the first time.what a show we had.A pike came right up to the camera which is a blue gill and even gave it a bump.My buddy drop a spoon with a minnow on it and the pike eyed it but would not take.We then dropped a shiner on a hook and he inhaled the thing.He ended op being 24" and we sent him back down the hole.having the camera opens a whole new way of fishing and were to fish since you can see weeds,structure,and drop offs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.